Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Did anyone get "quilty" gifts for Christmas???? >

Did anyone get "quilty" gifts for Christmas????

Did anyone get "quilty" gifts for Christmas????

Old 01-01-2015, 03:38 PM

I got two lovely French Braid quilting books from my Mum, bless her.
Old 01-01-2015, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
My hubby always buys me *quilty* gifts for Christmas! The ladies at our lqs love to see him come through the door! They demo/ show him new items they think I should have & guide him through, making sure he gets the right rotary blades, needles, etc. He fills my stocking with post-its, glue sticks, marking pens/pencils, new blades, sewing machine and hand needles.... If I request anything special ( I think he sneaks into the sewing room & checks to see if I'm low on new blades, needle threaders, post it flags....)
This year he also went to the sewing center and bought me the Red Snappers and a new scallop ruler & ruler base for the new long arm and he visited a shop he sort of hates going to, usually waits in the car at that one, and bought me some fairy frost yardage. He looked for it at our lqs, they didn't have it & told him ( she carries it at ~~~. He went there. I'm sure he probably sat in his truck for 5 minutes talking himself into going through that door!
He is very supportive of my quilting and has fun finding me new handy-dandy gadgets/ rulers, tools & notions.
What a considerate hubby! Love how he seeks out what you might need or want mine is supportive but would have n no idea what to get if I didn't tell him
Old 01-01-2015, 05:56 PM

We haven't had our Christmas yet still waiting for kids to get schedule straight! my needs are few. Rather have their company!
Old 01-02-2015, 04:59 AM
dd

I was supposed to get a quilt book, Affairs of the Heart. My daughter ordered it from Amazon but they cancelled her order.
Old 01-02-2015, 04:57 PM

I was given a lap top to be used with my embroidery machine. My love programed it and it is all set up, I just need about 1000 lessons more or less to figure out how to use them
Old 02-08-2015, 06:37 PM

My DH took me to JA's on the day before Thanksgiving @ 6 AM to get the OTT light special they were having. He even had me buy the special for my sister since it was such a good deal! (He called my brother-in-law later and told him what a good deal it was.). Then he surprised me by saying "Do u want the sewing table since it is on special too?". I could not believe it. From a man who will not enter a quilt shop.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:32 PM

My husband bought me several fat quarter bundles and the Jinny Beyer quilt kit to go with the Free 2015 BOM I'm doing! He's definitely a keeper!!
Old 02-09-2015, 03:36 PM

My husband bought me several fat quarter bundles and then the Jinny Beyer quilt kit that goes to the free 2015 BOM on Craftsy. He's definitely a keeper!!
Old 02-10-2015, 06:15 AM
dd

I finally got my Affairs of the Heart book and am on my 5th square. My son got me a rotary cutting mat which I love.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:51 AM

In December I found out my machine might have a motherboard problem. I had been looking at getting a new machine and had narrowed it down to two. Right then I bought a machine. I wanted to get the more expensive machine. I called my husband as we usually check with each other on expensive (for us) purchases. When I called and checked he just said Merry Christmas! He said a good tool is always worth the money. And he's right , I've never enjoyed quilting so much. This janome6600 has been great. One of the Best Xmas presents ever.