Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Did anyone get "quilty" gifts for Christmas???? >

Did anyone get "quilty" gifts for Christmas????

Did anyone get "quilty" gifts for Christmas????

Old 12-29-2014, 01:47 PM

I am in the process of setting up my sewing room, so I asked Santa for a TV. I got a 19" flat screen TV and the Kindle Fire for TV, and my son and daughter are going to install the mounting and the electronics. My bosses gave me cash and gift cards, so I am going to get one of the rolling chair floor mats (the room has carpet in it and I can't convince DH that the carpet needs to be replaced with tile or wood).
Old 12-29-2014, 06:29 PM

Hubby got me a new Babylock Destiny sewing/embroidery machine. The last of our out-of-town holiday company (family) left this morning. I spent all morning doing laundry and then I hit the sewing room.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:33 PM

I received three sets of fat quarters from Nancy's Notions from my husband and they are really lovely!! I make a lot of scrappy quilts. Controlled scrappy really. I think he did really well!! Then I found a Judy Niemeyer Christmas Tree skirt I've been looking at for a couple of years on sale at a reasonable price & he let me get it! I'm waiting anxiously for it to get here! Love her designs!!
Old 12-29-2014, 07:32 PM

I got a new chair for my sewing machine. It raises higher than my old one so now I am more ergonomically aligned with the height of the bed of my machine - but not so high I can't reach the foot pedal! It also rolls so much more smoothly and is more padded and comfortable. I think I'm going to really enjoy it.
I also got a small light to attach to the side of my machine so I can see the needle area more clearly, a set of fussy-cut squares, an Angela Walters quilting book, and a gift certificate to JoAnn's. I'd say I made out very well!
Old 12-29-2014, 07:48 PM

Cybrarian, I, too, am married to a great carpenter! It wasn't for Christmas, but about a month ago he made me a new cutting table, which matches the beautiful cabinet for my sewing machine, which, like yours, has an fold-away extension on the backside. My cutting table has 5 shallow drawers on each side for sorting scraps (2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, etc) squares and strips! I also have room in the drawers for current projects (these are in addition to the ones on which I'm not working I have these in tubs on shelves. Between the sets of drawers is a large open area for batting rolls. It has large swivel casters, too, so it's easy to roll around away from the wall when I'm basting, etc It's awesome. I'm very spoiled and blessed to have such a handy hubby, as it sounds like you are!
Old 12-29-2014, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
I got a flyer in the mail this week for JOAnn's. Read it carefully. The discounts excludes gift cards purchases. Read the fine print. I may be wrong! If it's true, I don't think it's fair. Like gift cards that have expiration dates. Like I said I may be wrong and I will stand to be corrected.
I think that means that if you purchase a gift card for somebody, you can't get a discount on it.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:09 PM

My sweet Hubby surprised me with an Accuquilt Go Big with help from my DD. He had her order it so to keep it secret. He is usually the kind to take us shopping for our gifts(we did that Thanksgiving, so did not expect a lot Christmas when we were pressed for time.) This was a big surprise, coming from him. DD said she did not know which dies I would want, so she got the big rolling travel bag for the Go Big. That's all the 'quilty', but Hubby always gives me pretty free rein on my fabric and quilting purchases. Sometimes he is the one encouraging me, because I'm the tight-wad in the family! LOL
Old 12-30-2014, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by nstitches4u View Post
I think that means that if you purchase a gift card for somebody, you can't get a discount on it.

That would be OK then, huh.

We got a very nice, pretty red, plastic discount card, (not a gift card) for Macy's before Christmas. I was so happy because we always buy our adult grandkids very nice, expensive, latest, greatest cologne fragrance gift boxes every Christmas. We buy 4 in all, so it adds up to A LOT OF $$$.

I presented the card, and the clerk told me to read the fine print on the back -- fragrance was excluded! Well, we were going to buy it anyway, but when I got back home, under strong light, and strong reading glasses, I started reading all of the exclusions to my DH. (dear husband.) The back of the card was completely covered with tiny words excluding almost everything in the store! I felt like I had been scammed!
Old 01-01-2015, 08:31 AM

Gift cards to the LQS!
Old 01-01-2015, 03:21 PM

Hubby, got me gift card for JA's also.