Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Did anyone get "quilty" gifts for Christmas???? >

Did anyone get "quilty" gifts for Christmas????

Did anyone get "quilty" gifts for Christmas????

Old 12-27-2014, 11:00 AM

My best gift came on Christmas Eve when Dh came with me to the lovely service at church. It has been years since he's been to church with me and I hate to go alone.

For other gifts I got a new laptop which counts as a quilty gift because I will use it to discuss every quilty thing under the sun with all of you, not to mention find free patterns and watch quilting tuts. My other quilty gift is on its way...the Sizzix Vagabond. Can't wait. Now I just need to figure out what dies to buy for it. Not a bad problem to have LoL. I also got a gift card to my favorite local craft store where they have the best prices on excellent quality fabrics. It's been a wonderful Christmas!
Old 12-27-2014, 11:05 AM

My husband did not get me anything 'quilty'. He did give me two weeks off from cooking and housekeeping, with a trip to FL to see grandsons and a 7 day cruise, where I was able to spend at lease 4 hours a day working on my flower garden quilt. and that does not include the 20 hours each way of driving. Made quite a dent on it.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:06 AM

I got a quilt design tote with a book from my DS & DDIL. Then I bought myself for myself the Sew Easy Ruler Cutter and several charm packs and layer cakes from MSQS when they were deeeeeeply discounted. This way I get what I like and want and don't have to worry about returns!
Old 12-27-2014, 11:43 AM

I got half a years worth of Quilting Arts issues from my inlaws. (I'll probably get the other half of the year's worth for my birthday, if the tradition continues.) My husband and daughter (*cough, I did the shopping, but they wrapped it) got me a lovely cutting mat that is positively huge for my new sewing space in our house we move into in the late spring/early summer. And Santa decided I needed a new AccuQuilt GO die, some self threading needles, and some glass head pins.

My parents sent me some solar flash lights for our camp, and some cash that will go toward my savings account for a long arm machine and frame. I plan to take over the fort we are building for my daughter when she outgrows it. I'll insultate it and expand to there.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:52 AM
Power Poster

Not this year, usually my DS and DIL will give me a gift card for JoAnn's, but not this time. We did have a great dinner of huge scallops wrapped in bacon with roasted broccoli and cauliflower, with ice cream over a brownie for dessert. Yum. I still plan to go to JoAnn's this weekend to take advantage of the sales and to spend some of the money I earned at the craft fair in Nov. FUN.
Old 12-27-2014, 12:00 PM
Power Poster

I got several quilty gifts this year. Go dies, a new sewing basket, 2 year subscription to Quiltmaker, several thread storage containers, a new Creative Girds Curve Log cabin ruler, vintage Singer machine ornament, and a generous pre paid credit card from DH (I consider that quilty). Stripology ruler from my secret pal.

Oh I forgot the quilty gifts I bought for myself. The Go Big electric and a LED lamp.

Last edited by Onebyone; 12-27-2014 at 12:06 PM.
Old 12-27-2014, 03:43 PM

This summer my husband and I were in St. Simons Island, GA, staying with my stepdaughter and SIL. I went to Stepping Stones quilt shop, chatted with the owner and bought a lot of goodies. Carol (stepdaughter) came to NJ to spend Christmas with us and brought me a very quilty gift. She went back to the LQS and with the help of the owner, who remembered meeting me, picked out a bunch of f/q's, a coordinated set of six batiks which she knows I like, some fun notions and put them in a craft "basket" with lots of compartments, not like any I'd seen before.

Wish you all a wonderful holiday season, hope your Christmas was merry, and a happy and healthy new year!
Old 12-27-2014, 04:14 PM

I hit the Quilting Jackpot. My kids, now both live out of state. I think they felt sorry for me. SO they hit my Amazon Wish list like pro's. Not shown in this photo is a larger mat for my garage table and new extra firm bed pillows. I was thrilled to see a new electric toothbrush and movie to watch while I sew.
Attached Thumbnails merry-christmas-kids.jpg  
Old 12-27-2014, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by mrs. fitz View Post
This summer my husband and I were in St. Simons Island, GA, staying with my stepdaughter and SIL. I went to Stepping Stones quilt shop, chatted with the owner and bought a lot of goodies. Carol (stepdaughter) came to NJ to spend Christmas with us and brought me a very quilty gift. She went back to the LQS and with the help of the owner, who remembered meeting me, picked out a bunch of f/q's, a coordinated set of six batiks which she knows I like, some fun notions and put them in a craft "basket" with lots of compartments, not like any I'd seen before.

Wish you all a wonderful holiday season, hope your Christmas was merry, and a happy and healthy new year!
Isn't the owner of Stepping Stones just the nicest person? I have known the family for many years. Our husbands were in the Navy together, and followed the same career path to Ohio after. I have missed them since they moved to GA.
Old 12-27-2014, 06:00 PM

Hubby got me EQ7, and our youngest DD got me a GC to our LQS. I am very blessed!