Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Did anyone get "quilty" gifts for Christmas???? >

Did anyone get "quilty" gifts for Christmas????

Did anyone get "quilty" gifts for Christmas????

Old 12-27-2014, 05:51 AM

I am glad to see this question because I wanted to tell about the special scissors my DD (dear daughter) gave me among a box of fat quarter fabric and a set of Gutermann thread. She warned me to be very careful with them because she had cut herself twice with hers.

I will write what is on the packaging.
"Elan
stainless steel
Florine Non-Stick Coating
Dishwasher safe
Easy glide cut even through adhesives.
Perfect for Rag Quilting
Also great for use in the kitchen, garage, craft room and anywhere a heavy duty utility scissor is needed."

The have a short shank -- black in color -- and the price is $24.95

Has anyone heard of them -- or do you have a pair of these scissors? If so do you like them? I haven't used them yet.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:51 AM

I got Kaffe Fassett's at the V and A- book. Lovely patterns
Old 12-27-2014, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Cam's gram View Post
Was wondering if anyone received gifts for quilting. This year was the first time I did. DH got me a armless ergonomic drafting chair to use when I quilting on the longarm. I thought he did a good job! Please let us know if you recieved a quilting gift.
Please take that chair for a test "quilting" and tell me how you like it! With my 2nd knee replacment still mending and being antsy to get back to the long arm, I've been considering a drafting chair. Realize it may have some limits, but think it might work for when I'm doing free hand quilting.

And I did get a Cameo Shilouette for Christmas from DH--actually I saw it on sale at Michaels, bought it and brought it home and told him he was giving it to me! Worked for him!
Old 12-27-2014, 06:51 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Nah no quilty stuff .. I get the usual White Shoulders perfume, a night gown and piggy slippers !LOL (Why yes I like piggys why do you ask ??LOL). Last quilty stuff I got was 6 years ago and it was a new machine.
Old 12-27-2014, 07:01 AM
Power Poster

I got a set of grippers that you use to grip all layers of the quilt on the longarm if you're floating the top and backing. I will be using them to grip the quilt on front when I turn it to do the side borders.
Old 12-27-2014, 07:11 AM

I got micro handles for my Avante and a saddle stool! Now if I can just get EVERYONE to LEAVE ME ALONE!!!! So ready to get busy with my stash!!!
Old 12-27-2014, 07:18 AM

Kudos to your husband for paying attention. I love it when the men in my life pay attention.
Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
My hubby always buys me *quilty* gifts for Christmas! The ladies at our lqs love to see him come through the door! They demo/ show him new items they think I should have & guide him through, making sure he gets the right rotary blades, needles, etc. He fills my stocking with post-its, glue sticks, marking pens/pencils, new blades, sewing machine and hand needles.... If I request anything special ( I think he sneaks into the sewing room & checks to see if I'm low on new blades, needle threaders, post it flags....)
This year he also went to the sewing center and bought me the Red Snappers and a new scallop ruler & ruler base for the new long arm and he visited a shop he sort of hates going to, usually waits in the car at that one, and bought me some fairy frost yardage. He looked for it at our lqs, they didn't have it & told him ( she carries it at ~~~. He went there. I'm sure he probably sat in his truck for 5 minutes talking himself into going through that door!
He is very supportive of my quilting and has fun finding me new handy-dandy gadgets/ rulers, tools & notions.
Old 12-27-2014, 08:23 AM

A Bernina 350PE. Before heading to a LQS to browse, DH brought up my getting a new machine. Need I say more? I was stunned into submission! I call her Constance b/c she's from Switzerland, of course, from a small town on Lake Constance we had visited years ago.
Old 12-27-2014, 08:53 AM

Quiltingshorttimer, when I took classes on the longarm at sewing machine store, they had these chairs. I used one there and it was great for freehand and other quilting. I have a bad back, one ruptured disc & one bulging disc. Didn't have surgery, opted for physical therapy and three shots to control pain during the therapy. Doing pretty good, not what I was but I don't think I would have been any better with surgery. DH saw me standing at the longarm watching and thought it would be a good idea and it is! Can't really use the longarm right now. DH put in the drop ceiling and partial covered lights so I can't see very well. Waiting for the electrician to come and install all the lights for the family room and bathroom on that level. Should be here after the first of the year.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:40 AM

I got some amazing templates and rulers from my daughter.