Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Help with computer and forum, please? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/help-computer-forum-please-t265346.html)

FranW 05-18-2015 05:16 PM

Help with computer and forum, please?

"The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

Can anyone help? This message keeps popping up whenever I try to access the picture part of the forum. Everything else on my computer is working fine (including all of the other Quilting Board forums). I am at a complete loss as to how to correct this. Thank you all for any help.
The pictures are one of my favorite parts of this forum!

Homespun 05-19-2015 04:25 AM

sorry...no help!

shy 05-19-2015 05:09 AM

is ur Adobe and other graphic programs up to date..they may need up dated..

d.rickman 05-19-2015 06:58 AM

Try unplugging your rotor for a few minutes, shut down your computer, leave for a couple of minutes, then retart your computer and plug the rotor back in again, this can sometimes help your computer issues, and also make your computer speed somewhat better. Also like Shy -says make certain you have the latest version of the Adobe Reader (free version works well).

ManiacQuilter2 05-19-2015 07:23 AM

I have been on Firefox since the incident with Explorer. I am ready to switch to Chrome even tho I dislike Google and want privacy.

madamekelly 05-19-2015 08:59 AM

My best suggestion would be one of two things.
1. Turn the computer completely off, wait five minutes, and turn it back on. Your computer will update anything that needed fixing, and only does this when you turn it off and back on, just like a cell phone.
2. If you know how, dump the cookies all those websites have put on your computer as you surfed. If you don't know how, find a teenager, they all know...lol!

Peckish 05-19-2015 06:30 PM

Sounds to me like you have a very slow internet connection.

SewingSew 05-20-2015 05:14 AM

Before I start trying to troubleshoot a computer issue, I always restart the computer first. More often than not, this will make the problem go away. If there is still an issue, I would hung the computer and or router to reset it.

SewingSew 05-20-2015 05:17 AM

The word "hung" should read "unplug". My Kindle Fire "edits" my text as I'm typing.

FranW 05-20-2015 06:14 PM

Thank you everyone. Firefox is having some kind of issues with the pop up ads on this site. One of the pop ups triggers the malware alert and firefox shuts the site down. I think I have worked around it but we shall see. Thanks, again!