Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Amazon Prime delivers free, same day you order! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/amazon-prime-delivers-free-same-day-you-order-t265743.html)

Onebyone 05-28-2015 12:18 PM

Amazon Prime delivers free, same day you order!

I love this! But it's only for 14 large metro areas right now.

NanaCsews2 05-28-2015 01:01 PM

I have Prime also. Supposed to be 2 day shipping. Last shipment, the order was placed on a Saturday. Got email on Tuesday that half the order was shipped and would arrive on Thursday (it did); next email I received on Thursday said the last of the shipment would arrive by the next Wednesday (it did.) Re-thinking the $99 a year cost.

coopah 05-28-2015 02:21 PM

We've had good service with Prime. My DH enjoys internet shopping, so it works for us.

ploverwi2 05-28-2015 02:52 PM

That yearly fee is just too much.

NJ Quilter 05-28-2015 05:00 PM

I'm glad I have friends and family that have prime. Too rich for my blood for the amount of online shopping I (don't) do!

PABerard 05-28-2015 05:17 PM

And I am in one of their districts ;-)
My dd has Prime. She has twins and their "mommy" club has cheaper diaper delivery than buying them herself and schlepping them home. She added me to her account for free.
This might just come in handy one day :-)

Doggramma 05-28-2015 05:28 PM

I order a lot from Amazon and I'm waiting for the drone to start delivering my boxes!

moonrise 05-28-2015 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by NanaCsews2 (Post 7209793)
I have Prime also. Supposed to be 2 day shipping. Last shipment, the order was placed on a Saturday. Got email on Tuesday that half the order was shipped and would arrive on Thursday (it did); next email I received on Thursday said the last of the shipment would arrive by the next Wednesday (it did.) Re-thinking the $99 a year cost.

Send them an e-mail regarding the late shipment. They'll usually offer you a free month of Amazon Prime to make up for it. I've had 3 late shipments, and have gotten 3 free months now. :thumbup:

PABerard 05-29-2015 02:49 AM

This looked better when I first saw it. Not everything is available for the one day. Not sure if it is based on weight or popularity of the item, but I didn't realize that it was just some products.

Onebyone 05-29-2015 05:03 AM

but I didn't realize that it was just some products.
It's a start and I think will get better over time. Did you know if you have prime you can select free delayed shipping and get $ credit? The delayed shipping is priority mail.
Many don't know you can select from a list of charities and items you buy Amazon adds money to that charity. I chose St. Judes.
If you get a spot on Amazon's Review List, items are sent to you to review and you get to keep them. Big items like cross country bikes, furniture, appliances, tvs, electronics, tools, designer accessories... There is so much on the website besides ordering items. The forums are great for information about anything.