Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Amazon Prime delivers free, same day you order!

Amazon Prime delivers free, same day you order!

I love this! But it's only for 14 large metro areas right now.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Blog Entries
    I have Prime also. Supposed to be 2 day shipping. Last shipment, the order was placed on a Saturday. Got email on Tuesday that half the order was shipped and would arrive on Thursday (it did); next email I received on Thursday said the last of the shipment would arrive by the next Wednesday (it did.) Re-thinking the $99 a year cost.

Blog Entries
    We've had good service with Prime. My DH enjoys internet shopping, so it works for us.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

That yearly fee is just too much.
    Karen from Appleton, Wisconsin

I'm glad I have friends and family that have prime. Too rich for my blood for the amount of online shopping I (don't) do!

And I am in one of their districts ;-)
    My dd has Prime. She has twins and their "mommy" club has cheaper diaper delivery than buying them herself and schlepping them home. She added me to her account for free.
    This might just come in handy one day :-)

I order a lot from Amazon and I'm waiting for the drone to start delivering my boxes!
    Lori

Quote Originally Posted by NanaCsews2 View Post
    I have Prime also. Supposed to be 2 day shipping. Last shipment, the order was placed on a Saturday. Got email on Tuesday that half the order was shipped and would arrive on Thursday (it did); next email I received on Thursday said the last of the shipment would arrive by the next Wednesday (it did.) Re-thinking the $99 a year cost.
    Send them an e-mail regarding the late shipment. They'll usually offer you a free month of Amazon Prime to make up for it. I've had 3 late shipments, and have gotten 3 free months now.

This looked better when I first saw it. Not everything is available for the one day. Not sure if it is based on weight or popularity of the item, but I didn't realize that it was just some products.

but I didn't realize that it was just some products.
    It's a start and I think will get better over time. Did you know if you have prime you can select free delayed shipping and get $ credit? The delayed shipping is priority mail.
    Many don't know you can select from a list of charities and items you buy Amazon adds money to that charity. I chose St. Judes.
    If you get a spot on Amazon's Review List, items are sent to you to review and you get to keep them. Big items like cross country bikes, furniture, appliances, tvs, electronics, tools, designer accessories... There is so much on the website besides ordering items. The forums are great for information about anything.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    There is so much on the website besides ordering items. The forums are great for information about anything.
    I don't think I hardly ever buy anything without checking Amazon reviews first. I generally skip to the four star reviews to get a more realistic sense of things. How do you go about getting on the Review List? That sounds interesting!
    People who start projects and never finish them are cooler
    than people who never start projects at all.

http://quiltingquick.weebly.com/blog.html

You have to think of ALL that you get with Amazon Prime. The cost pays for what Netflix charges for it's monthly service so the shipping is then actually FREE. I am going to be testing it out soon just for the videos. Not happy with Netflix since my account got hacked!
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

I am very happy with my Amazon Prime. Use it to watch movies and tv shows on my iPad all the time. Can also get free ebooks to read. The free shipping is just a free bonus as I don't order a lot. But I did just order some stuff with my Mothers Day gift card. Ordered very late on Saturday night and got the order on Monday, even though it was a holiday. Very impressed

I don't pa for Prime. I ordered something yesterday on Amazon.com & it arrived today. I order at least once a month and I don't think delivery is ever more than 2nd day.

DH & I buy a LOT on Amazon, so for us the cost is made up in all the free shipping. We have things like our cat food on subscription - we get a 5% discount on it and I don't have to haul cases of canned cat food around. Love it!

I also love their policy on newly released books. I can pre-order and when it ships I get it for the lowest price it's been at since I ordered it, AND they ship it ahead of time so it arrives on my doorstep on the day it's released. I love Tuesdays - that's new book release day and I always forget one is coming due, so on Tuesdays I sometimes get a pleasant surprise on my porch!

I DON'T like some of their policies. They can be bullies with publishers and try to control pricing too much. Too much like Wal-Mart policies. I periodically contemplate boycotting Amazon but so far haven't done so.

I do have the "Amazon Smile" setup for the charitable contributions, I do like that. I have mine going to Code.org (for getting computer science classes into schools)

part of the fun for me is the anticipation. If I had to have it NOW I go get it here.

I have been a Amazon Prime member for 4 years. It is $99 a year but all of my shipping is free. I have never had a problem with shipping. Have gotten everything within the 3 day range. I ordered rain barrels last Sunday and received them on Tuesday. Easy returns.

this is for PABerard how do you add someone to your account for free?
    Ms Kay

My sons and I plus daughter in laws sister Share one account. There is a place on the website to do this. I think I needed the birthdate of the "original owner" and she may have had to click something on their end. It was very simple. I don't get access to the videos but they will share their log in info if I ever want it.
    Alyce

I share Prime with my DD. I didn't know DH had a Prime account until I told him I added him to my Prime and he said I added you to my Prime too. I thought I told you. Good grief.

I also order through "Amazon Smile" and Amazon makes a donation to the charity of your choice. I donate to my grandson's school. There are many charities to choose from. It's a win - win situation. I also utilize Prime Video. There are many, many free movies you can watch. I think the yearly rate is well worth the cost, especially around the holidays, with the free shipping.
    Nancy G

I have Amazon prime and have DD and DS on my account. DH loves the movies and music and I love the free shipping. Went looking at what I can get next day and am surprised that a lot of things I use are on the list. I buy so may gifts all year long that I easily save the shipping. I especially love the fast shipping around Christmas -- hope some of the gifts I will be buying this year are on the same day shipping.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.