Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Amazon prime

Amazon prime

Amazon has a special this weekend. Prime for $73. Do any of you have it and do you like it?

Blog Entries
    I love Amazon Prime. I have been using it for about 3 years. Before we signed up for it we were already ordering a lot from Amazon after checking prices online. I can send to others also for no cost. For instance I often buy things for my grandchildren or my mother and send these items using my prime free shipping. Of course it is not really "free" because you pay an annual fee but if you were ordering from Amazon without Prime you will save money throughout the year over the cost of your annual fee. Hope this helps.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

I signed up for it when it was $67. I wasn't impress with the movie selection, most had addition fees attached. Television shows have a fairly good selection available to watch. I have order a few things that will pay for the membership but most of the stuff is full normal retail price if you want to use your prime shipping. For example, you can find Aurifill thread much cheaper elsewhere. If you buy a quilting book, I was surprised at given the offer of having the book also on a kindle for $2 more. Just give it a try.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Blog Entries
    I love Amazon prime also, for the same reasons. Love getting things quickly too!

Blog Entries
    I've been a prime member for 3+ years now-- I love my prime. Prime music on my tablet, prime movies, prime books for my kindle and Free shipping on purchases. I shop on amazon frequently. The free shipping alone saves me more than my annual membership
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Blog Entries
    When I am pricing something I always type it into the search bar and compare the pricing at various places. Sometimes the item is the same price at 3 stores but you have to add on shipping if it is other than Prime Amazon. Sometimes there is no savings and occasionally it actually costs more. Enough times to make it economical I order from Amazon Prime getting it in two days. Some items are do not qualify for Prime shipping.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

I love Prime! Shipping, music, videos.

My son has Prime and added me so I get the free shipping. We'd talked about finding out if you could share a full membership if you weren't in the same household but don't know yet. I have Netflix and have so much stuff on my list so far I'll probably never get it all watched! Wondered about the movie selection....how new/current they are. Kindle books would be nice, could get more, but I have a bunch of free and under $2 now to read. So am just not sure. Prob wouldn't use the music thing.

It's getting better than it was. They are making some of their own shows now.

I use and love prime mainly for free FAST shipping. My husband watches the movies sometimes. I share it with my daughter in college. It ships to her address using her credit card.

I love the free shipping because I buy a lot from them! Also enjoy the movies and shows as well as the music. It's definitely worth the yearly fee for me.
    Lori

I have had Prime since it was available. Here are a few tips:

1. Select no rush shipping and get $ credit.
    2. Put items in your cart but don't buy. Amazon will send you notice when the price goes down or up on that item. I have saved a lot when the price lowers on an item I want.
    3. Select Amazon Smile so every purchase you make Amazon donated to your selected charity. I selected St. Judes. It doesn't effect or change any way you shop at Amazon.
    4. Watch for bonus buys. You add the item to another purchase to get a bargain deal usually because it cost more to ship that item separately then to buy it.
    5. To have Prime work for you and get all the benefits, read the discussion forums at Amazon.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.