Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   what would you do; (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-would-you-do%3B-t271312.html)

hamchips88 10-21-2015 10:38 AM

what would you do;

i purchased two items from etsy .. sent the payment to them but they never got it. it has been a month of emails back and forth. so she emailed and said they are going to send me the items anyway. for a pif kinda thing. so i emailed and said they didnt have to do this. seens that it was post office fault. i got them today. i feel guilty that i have items and they did not get there payment yet. i dont think they will.i thanked them for everything.. what would you do.

mermaid 10-21-2015 11:50 AM

Did you ''snail mail'' a check? A postal money order can be tracked..if by credit card or Paypal--these can also be tracked. I think I would pay for the items again if you're positive they never got payment, and wait to be reimbursed when the orig payment arrives. If it never does, a check never cashed will never debit your acct. The person sounds honest, so I think they will return your money whenever.
I get so annoyed with my mail carrier--she drops our mail at wrong boxes all over the neighborhood, and we get other peoples' mail, as well. To forestall it being wrongly delivered again, we deliver ourselves. Sometimes it looks important. She is nearing retirement, and we look forward to it. LOL Numerous folks have complained to the office, but she's still out there!! So your mail could have gone to the wrong box and the recipient just trashed it.

bearisgray 10-21-2015 12:01 PM

How did you send payment?

dunster 10-21-2015 12:11 PM

If you sent a check and it has not yet been cashed then I would definitely send another check. Things do get lost in the mail. This seems to be happening to me more often lately. :(

Onebyone 10-21-2015 01:09 PM

It was the seller's decision to send the items to you. Accept that and move on.

patski 10-21-2015 01:36 PM

I would pay for the items if the check wasn't cashed. If it was Wal Mart or Sears I'd move on but a small seller I would pay even if they offered the items for free. It is so hard to make money for the small businesses

bearisgray 10-21-2015 01:42 PM

If there was no evidence that payment had been received, I would send another payment.

Jeanne S 10-21-2015 04:20 PM

I agree I would send another payment.

ube quilting 10-21-2015 05:38 PM

I would pay.
peace

zozee 10-21-2015 06:31 PM

It sure sounds like the seller is showing good faith by giving you the benefit of the doubt. If it's been a month of emails back and forth, then the seller is also responsive--a good trait. They will do anything not to get negative feedback, so myguessistheseller was willing to eat the cost. I would feel bad, too, and pay again. If the payment can be proven that it was received twice, I'm sure the seller will reimburse you. You have to make the decision that you can live with.