Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do You Think This Fad Will Catch On? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-think-fad-will-catch-t288793.html)

JENNR8R 06-06-2017 07:34 PM

Do You Think This Fad Will Catch On?

1 Attachment(s)
Recently I've been trying to learn how to sew garments. In Intermediate School I was forced to take Home Economics instead of Shop. I had no clue how to sew a dress together and had to ask the teacher for instructions at each step. When the dress was finished, it was sewn inside out. I wore it a few times anyway but decided sewing was not for me! Fast forward 50 years, and I thought I'd give it another try.

I had the bright idea to piece some leftover fabric together to make some pants. One problem was that the pieced fabric only fit the pattern on the front around the knee and not the back where it wouldn't be so noticeable. I sewed a contrasting fabric strip on to hide the seam to solve that problem.

Then... not knowing how to lay the pattern on the fabric correctly before cutting, I managed to cut one leg inside out and the other leg right side out. There was no more fabric to correct it so I sewed it together anyway for the practice. I guess some things never change. Who knows, maybe I've started a new fad! I think I'm going call them my designer pants. :)

Prism99 06-06-2017 07:54 PM

:d rofl!!!

Cybrarian 06-06-2017 08:02 PM

LOL, move on to quilting where inside out is a design choice!

shadoh 06-06-2017 08:15 PM

Go for it...perfect for shopping at Walmart.

bearisgray 06-06-2017 09:23 PM

They make as much sense as some of the othef fads. Thry acyually look kind of cute on the picturr. :-)

mermaid 06-07-2017 12:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]574222[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]574223[/ATTACH]Yes, I think they are cute..def a new fad...of some kind. I would wear them just like I had intended to do them this way. You may make all kinds of new friends. I wish you lived near me , I'd love to teach you to sew. This is what I made for my son last wkend...alas I live in TN.

blahel 06-07-2017 01:39 AM

haha laughing with you not at you. Glad I'm not the only one

helou 06-07-2017 01:57 AM

I like them and I would certainly wear them!!! :o

anne2016 06-07-2017 02:33 AM

I kinda like them. I would definitely wear them. I am with shadoh....wear them to WM. I wonder if anyone would stop you and ask where you bought them! Some might think you were a crazy person and some would admire your creativity. Would be interesting to find out.

JustAbitCrazy 06-07-2017 02:41 AM

I like them. Before you go shopping, paint the toenails on your right foot a dark color and those on your left foot a light color, and wear sandals. I bet no one notices anything at all, not your pants or toenails.