Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   the start of Thinking Outside the Block... it's not quite the effect I was going for... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/start-thinking-outside-block-its-not-quite-effect-i-going-t66752.html)

barnbum 09-25-2010 04:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I wanted rich fall.... I feel like I got jungle or camouflage. :| :roll: It was rich fall to a point...then it took a turn. Maybe it was the dark red strip? Hmmm.

Maybe I've been working on it too long... I'll put it away and peek first thing tomorrow to see if I feel differently.

Thank goodness I didn't plan on making a whole quilt--just a table runner and a wall hanging, so only 42 blocks are started. Phew! I completed 10 tonight so I could see how I liked it.

cathyvv 09-25-2010 04:13 PM

I like it!

lallyann 09-25-2010 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
I wanted rich fall.... I feel like I got jungle or camouflage. :| :roll: It was rich fall to a point...then it took a turn. Maybe it was the dark red strip? Hmmm.

Maybe I've been working on it too long... I'll put it away and peek first thing tomorrow to see if I feel differently.

Thank goodness I didn't plan on making a whole quilt--just a table runner and a wall hanging, so only 42 blocks are started. Phew! I completed 10 tonight so I could see how I liked it.

I think it is pretty, although maybe a little more jungle than fall? I think maybe it is that green stripe doing it...I think the 4th one from the center? I think it would turn out beautifully as it is though!

Maride 09-25-2010 04:15 PM

Lovely. Way too many seams to match for me.

B. Louise 09-25-2010 04:16 PM

I think it looks rich. The gold band and light centers give a glow to it. Looks like you have several setting possibilities.

nursie76 09-25-2010 04:18 PM

I agree that it looks more jungley, but I love it! It is going to be sooooo cool and soothing looking with just the right pop of gold/yellow.

barnbum 09-25-2010 04:21 PM

But, but, but, I don't want to make a jungle! How can I change it from the first green? I need to rethink this and maybe make smaller blocks--less strips--and just make more to finish a project.

cjomomma 09-25-2010 04:21 PM

I think they are lovely. You did a great job but they are a little on the jungle side.

dsb38327 09-25-2010 04:22 PM

Karla, this is enchanting. The colors are very rich. What does it look like if you lay a deeper hue on top of the very center squares? I think it is the center square that is making it pop. It is wonderful like it is! With the center squares there I see Christmas.
I see it on your table laden with pine cones, holly, candles burning, children playing, gifts abound, pies baking in the oven,
well you get my drift. I like it and my address is:::::: :-) :-)

QuiltQtrs 09-25-2010 04:24 PM

I like it just as you have it.... reminds me of flaming gold/orange maple
trees, etc.