Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Buying a bernina (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/buying-bernina-t8376.html)

cindiLou 06-22-2008 04:56 PM

:DHi everyone! I'm new! I would like to ask for help! I'm about to buy a Bernina440QE on sale of course, but still expensive. If anyone has one
could you let me know how you like it, or not. I'm so confused!

thank you CindiLou

cindiLou 06-22-2008 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by cindiLou
:DHi everyone! I'm new! I would like to ask for help! I'm about to buy a Bernina440QE on sale of course, but still expensive. If anyone has one
could you let me know how you like it, or not. I'm so confused!
I am from canton,ohio. Home of Pro football Hall of Fame. Been rainging all day, but at least it's warm. Tornado's on Saturday, but did not touch down.

thank you CindiLou

:roll:

Moonpi 06-22-2008 06:53 PM

cindiLou, Welcome! I can't help you out with that machine, but if you look up top there is a search function under where it says Quilting board. Plug in Bernina, and you will see what their owners think.

Bevanger 06-23-2008 04:52 AM

Sorry, I don't know anything about Berninas, But welcome to the board from Wa State

Marcia 06-23-2008 12:26 PM

Welcome to the board.

I do not have that model of Bernina, but I do have a Bernina sewing machine. I love it and would not trade it for anything else.

mgshaw 06-23-2008 12:32 PM

That is the one I am trying to talk DH into letting me get, But he thinks I have too many machines already!!!! I have an older Bernina and love it.. Would love that BSR tho, then maybe machine quilting and I could come to some kind of friendly truce!!!

Jim's Gem 06-23-2008 08:02 PM

I have a Bernina 630E and I love it. Found mine on E-Bay for a great price, only had a couple of hours sewing and a few min emb on the machine.

ladymyste 06-24-2008 09:09 AM

Hi! I had the 440QEE for about 6 months and it wasn't for me. I could never get the hang of the BSR (not coordinated enough I guess) and I didn't like hooking up to the computer to embroider.
So I traded mine in last month for the 630E and am loving every minute with it. I love the piecing and embroidery. As for quilting it....I decided it was worth sending my tops and backs to my friends sister and have her quilt them for me. Much less stress and a much happier quilter :D

My only advice is to go in and really try it out to make sure you make the right choice of machine as they are a lot of money and you definitely want to be happy with your choice.

Have fun

Jim's Gem 06-24-2008 09:13 AM

I havn't mastered the BSR either, I am, so far, mostly quilting diagonal lines and stitching in the ditch. I am having fun with all the stitches on the machine.

sam 09-12-2008 02:16 AM

Cindi, sorry I could had help you with your Bernina question. Maybe I'm too late. I have lots experience with Bernina since I used to sell them for nine yrs. I would use it everyday on the Quilting frame for machine quilting with BSR and it is the best. IT takes awhile to get used to it, but then your a pro. I have experience with lots other machines, Viking, Brother, PHAFF, Baby Lock, Elna, Singer, Kenmore, Riccar and off course everybody favorite Janome. My Favorite off course is the Bernina even though I have 6 Janome. The thing is Janome is a good quilting machine and great prices. But if you want a beautiful stitch Bernina is the one. I owe a 145 Bernina and thats the one I use everyday. If you need anyhelp or any questions let me know and I'm willing to help you in any way. Hope you did got your Bernina and enjoy it. SAM