Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   So I think I want a kindle. What is your experience thoughts? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/so-i-think-i-want-kindle-what-your-experience-thoughts-t98738.html)

Annaquilts 02-11-2011 09:08 AM

My birthday is coming up and I am thinking of asking the family for a kindle. What is your thought on this gadget and which one to get or avoid?

NorBanaquilts 02-11-2011 09:10 AM

I love mine!

janRN 02-11-2011 09:13 AM

Love mine. Just downloaded 4 more books; 2 were free. I love to read and my house was becoming over run with books (and fabric but that's another story LOL). When I was in high school we read all the classics, but I didn't enjoy them; now I'm re-reading them and love them. I have the cheapest model (non 3G) and haven't had any problems downloading anything.

Michellesews 02-11-2011 09:13 AM

I got one for Christmas and I love it! Make sure you get the 3G one though, then you can just hit a button on the Kindle, go to the kindle store, hit anoher button and read samples of any book you want...if you like it, you can buy it, right from your Kindle, sitting in your recliner. It is AWESOME! What I love most is you can make the letters as large as you need to see, no eye strain!
Michelle G. in El Paso

Metopogijo 02-11-2011 09:20 AM

Could anyone share what the cost averages for the downloads?

Carrie Jo 02-11-2011 09:20 AM

I have a color Nook and love it. I had the nook but got a color for valentines day..

MaryStoaks 02-11-2011 09:20 AM

I love mine!

Annaquilts 02-11-2011 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Michellesews
I got one for Christmas and I love it! Make sure you get the 3G one though, then you can just hit a button on the Kindle, go to the kindle store, hit anoher button and read samples of any book you want...if you like it, you can buy it, right from your Kindle, sitting in your recliner. It is AWESOME! What I love most is you can make the letters as large as you need to see, no eye strain!
Michelle G. in El Paso

That is good to hear. I am having some issues with reading due to age (47 to be) and was wondering how to kindle worked out with eye strain. Some books I have been avoiding because I need to wear glasses. I am back to where I started as a kid, I want books with big letters. LOL

NCquilter 02-11-2011 09:26 AM

I love mine! I got one for Christmas and a $25 giftcard for the Amazon store. I have 10 books so far and still have $18 on my giftcard. I have 3 free books and the others I bought. There are tons of books to choose from no matter what you are looking for. I'm sure you will love it!

hobo2000 02-11-2011 09:42 AM

I chose the Nook because it allows me to pull books from the libraries. Kindle uses a different format and you can't do that. More books avail. from Barnes & Noble, Borders, etc. Look into it BEFORE you buy.