Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
An annoying issue >

An annoying issue

An annoying issue

Old 04-11-2013, 10:43 AM

Default An annoying issue

I have not been able to write in paragraph format lately when I respond to a posted topic. I go to write the paragraph but it won't let me start a new sentence on a new line. It only lets me start a sentence immediately following the last one. I reciently changed to windows 8 .. does this have something to do with it?( I never had this issue prior to the change) It makes for some responses that are tough to read or understand due to a lack of a good format. How do I get the ability to start a new sentence on a new line?
Old 04-11-2013, 10:56 AM

I, too, am used to writing in paragraph form. However, in this forum, I must settle for a left margin. Although I do hit the enter/return button twice to show a break in paragraph formation. You can too, if you want.

See, just like this! Try not to be annoyed any longer!
Old 04-11-2013, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by orangeroom View Post
I, too, am used to writing in paragraph form. However, in this forum, I must settle for a left margin. Although I do hit the enter/return button twice to show a break in paragraph formation. You can too, if you want.

See, just like this! Try not to be annoyed any longer!
Ah Thanks but I found the cure ... I have to hit the tab button not the Enter/return button Like I did in XP. Ah Life is good again!
Old 04-11-2013, 02:13 PM

There's another fix that was posted on a previous thread, scroll down to the last post that speaks of the A/A icon on the textbox toolbar: http://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help...b-t216497.html
Old 04-11-2013, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
I have not been able to write in paragraph format lately when I respond to a posted topic. I go to write the paragraph but it won't let me start a new sentence on a new line. It only lets me start a sentence immediately following the last one. I reciently changed to windows 8 .. does this have something to do with it?( I never had this issue prior to the change) It makes for some responses that are tough to read or understand due to a lack of a good format. How do I get the ability to start a new sentence on a new line?
i thought I was the only one! I updated my laptop to the newest Windows upgrade and right after that is when I started having the problems on QB. I will try the tab button. I just quit replying on my lap top and just do it on my phone or iPad. Lots of electronic choices!!!
Old 04-13-2013, 06:46 AM
Power Poster

great tips once again on QB.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:39 AM

I, too, am having trouble and I am using a bluetooth wireless on my IPad. Seems like I have to wait for the words to "type" out. Only on this forum. I am computer stupid, so I thought it was just me! Ummm?