Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Has the number of posts gone down?? >

Has the number of posts gone down??

Has the number of posts gone down??

Old 12-14-2011, 11:49 PM

Default Has the number of posts gone down??

The number of posts asking for suggestions or help about a quilting pattern or technique seems to have gone down. I used to enjoy all the info. Also, the speed of the site is not as fast. (My computer works just fine for everything else). Personally, I do not use this site as often as I did. How about you, do you use it as much or more. I did save a new technique to try on a quilt today, but as i mentioned, not as often.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:52 AM

Seems to me there are less since the new Quilting Board came into our computers. I still find a lot of helpful information, but guess I'm just old and resist change. I finally have learned how to get around a bit but the old format was easier IMHO.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:06 AM

I think right now so many are still adjusting to the site and more than likely are working like busy little bees sewing/quilting Christmas gifts are baking till their little hearts are content!!
Old 12-15-2011, 01:41 AM

I think it is also that everyone is really busy. I think most will be back after the holidays. I have to make a special effort now days to get to the board as much as I was because of working like a busy little bee too. I hope everyone comes back.

Originally Posted by Aubrey'sQuiltingCreations View Post
I think right now so many are still adjusting to the site and more than likely are working like busy little bees sewing/quilting Christmas gifts are baking till their little hearts are content!!
Old 12-15-2011, 02:18 AM

I find that I am posting less often. On certain computers (work...shhh don't tell), when I attempt to post, it just hangs. It's frustrating! I really miss the unread posts link. I do wish they'd find a way to sort by original post time, not most recent post time. I've done all the tricks listed and it does help to weed out some of the older stuff, but not all of it. I especially find it difficult in the classified ads section. I don't look there as much any more. If the posts can be sorted as most recently replied to, why can't it be sorted by original post date/time?
Old 12-15-2011, 03:09 AM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by katier825 View Post
I don't look there as much any more. If the posts can be sorted as most recently replied to, why can't it be sorted by original post date/time?

http://www.quiltingboard.com/sitemap/
You can also get to this url by clicking on ARCHIVE on the black bar at the bottom of any page.
It lists the threads in descending start date order (most recent at the top) , and once you've clicked on the thread, the color will (should) change so you'll know which ones you've already read.

It's the closest thing to the old UNREAD TOPICS.

The posting of this "feature" was buried in a sticky thread that received very few replies and views, so it's no wonder some still haven't stumbled across it.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...ml#post4694691

There was a sticky subsequently posted in each of the forums, although I don't see one for Sales/ISO.
I'm sure there is some logical reason....although it's beyond me.

Last edited by MTS; 12-15-2011 at 03:11 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:46 AM
Administrator

We have a great many "sift and sort" options here that we never had before. Go to the bottom of the page of any Section/Forum Index. Explore and play with the options.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]295546[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]295547[/ATTACH]

Lamentations when the number of new topics go down both amuse and confuse me.

the obvious reasons at this time of year have to do with how busy everybody is preparing for the holidays, i'm sure.

i don't track things by individual. that would be unfair, intrusive, presumptuous, and just plain tacky. so i am not pointing to any one person or group of people. cross my heart, and all that jazz.

still ... it stands to reason that if enough of us sit around waiting for everybody else to entertain and inform us with new pictures, information, questions, etc ... then ...

this will not be a universally appreciated response, i'm sure. i've struggled to find the most diplomatic way to express the thought and have "come up empty

i think it's only fair to consider our own contributions (or lack thereof) before asking why others aren't adding to the fun.

tossing a few ideas into the air: have you made any "quilty" gifts this year? have you shown off photos? have you shared the ideas you're using this year for "quilty gifting"? have you learned something new lately and shared with us about that? the possibilities are endless. ;-)
Attached Thumbnails sifting-threads-section.jpg   sorting-threads-section.jpg  

Last edited by patricej; 12-15-2011 at 04:02 AM.