Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Help with posting pictures >

Help with posting pictures

Help with posting pictures

Old 05-07-2012, 07:04 AM

Question Help with posting pictures

Hi !

I have not posted since the quilting board switched to the different format. I have some pictures of batik quilts I'd like to post but when I follow the instructions for adding a picture, I run into a snag - hope someone can help. The help link says that next to where you the message box, there is a little box that looks like a picture frame with a tree in it - this is what we're supposed to click to add a picture. There is nothing there that I can see.

Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks,
Roberta
Old 05-07-2012, 07:37 AM

What do you see, at the top of your Reply box? Above mine, is a set of icons. Starting at the RIGHT side of the row, mine shows a speech bubble, two frames of movie film, a picture, a globe with red X, and a globe with a link of chain. To the left of that set, is a smilie, then A (text color), Size, Font, etc. If you don't see any of that, click "Go Advanced," below the Reply box. That brings up a few more options; on the second line, should be the same set of "globe, globe, picture, film, and speech bubble."
Old 05-07-2012, 07:52 AM
Power Poster

You can do it 2 ways :
on the quick reply it should be the third box/icon from the right - click on that and browse to find where your pics are stored then upload

Advanced - scroll down under the reply box find manage attachments , click on that , then browse where your pics are stored on the computer- then upload

if you get the message Upload fail it means the pics are too large for the new format and you need to make them smaller
Old 05-07-2012, 08:34 AM

Third box from the right on the 'post quick reply' box is the frame with tree. If you put your cursor over it "insert image" comes up.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:15 PM
Power Poster

if you are not seeing the picture frame/tree, go to settings, general settings and scroll most of the way down. choose WYSIWYG and save your changes. now you should have the frame/tree.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:33 AM

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. It looks like most people are talking about posting a "reply" picture. I wanted to start a new thread with a new picture.
In THIS reply, there are no icons as mentioned in your suggestions. I'll go to settings and general settings to see what I can find.
I am using Windows 7 if that makes any difference.
Thanks again :-)
Old 05-09-2012, 07:41 AM

Send a private message to the quilting board mzzzellie, as she can help. Her name is Ellen.