Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
How do you bookmark a page? >

How do you bookmark a page?

How do you bookmark a page?

Old 02-07-2012, 08:01 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
Default How do you bookmark a page?

I want to bookmark some tutorial pages but need someone to hold my hand through the process. Any takers out there?
Old 02-07-2012, 08:09 AM

Go to the beige line on top of your post or at the beginning of a thread and see Thread Tools. Click the arrow and subscribe to the thread. That will show up in you list of subscribed threads and you will be able to find it easier.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:09 AM

If you look at the top right side where it reads thread tools you click on it. A box will drop down and ask 3 questions pick the 3rd one. "Subcribe to this thread"click on that and it will take you to another page that asks whether you want to subscribe or bookmark, click on the book mark and then click on "add subcriptions" at the bottom.

Good luck
Old 02-07-2012, 08:12 AM

I'll be happy to help you out. Below is something I wrote for someone else. Give that a try and see if it helps. If not, please PM me and I'll hold your hand!

Hi...the new bookmarking is very different, isn't it? Maybe this will help:

In the new setup, a Bookmark is a type of Subscription. On each Thread, just above the first post, there is a cream-colored bar. On that bar, toward the right, there are several "buttons." One is Thread Tools. Click on it and the third choice on the list is Subscribe to this Thread.

Click on Subscribe to this Thread and then you'll see another screen with two choices....the first asks how you want to be notified of new posts to that Thread. By clicking on that box, you can choose to be notified by email or through the Board (which is what I choose.)

The second choice is the important one...there is a box that lets you choose between a Subscription or a Bookmark. Click on that box then choose Bookmark. Then, be sure to click on the blue box that says Add Subscription. If you don’t click the blue box, your choice won’t “stick.”

When you want to look at your Bookmarks, click on Settings at the very top of the screen (on the dark-colored bar). Your Settings page will come up and over on the left there are several topics. One is My Subscriptions and your Bookmarks are there.

AnitaSt
Old 02-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for asking the question that I keep forgetting to ask!
Old 02-09-2012, 11:01 AM

Thank you for posting this question because I was just going to ask the very same thing. Didn't even notice the Thread Tools until today. Thanks everyone for helping us out!