Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
No Daily Digest - Here's what to do >

No Daily Digest - Here's what to do

No Daily Digest - Here's what to do

Old 09-02-2015, 07:57 AM

Default No Daily Digest - Here's what to do

Go to the main page. click on resources and voila!
If you want the format of the digest there is a link at the bottom
Click it
Be nice to Pat! She's knows there is an issue.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by MaryKatherine View Post
Go to the main page. click on resources and voila!
If you want the format of the digest there is a link at the bottom
Click it
Be nice to Pat! She's knows there is an issue.

But she says she has nothing to do with emails for Daily Digest. Yes, we can all access the board in this way but if there is to be no more daily emails with links to the Digest, it would be nice to know that, too. Then we can make a decision whether to keep coming to the Board or find a new source for our daily quilting/sewing/"discussing" fix.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:33 PM

I think it's unfair to the people that offer us a FREE website to consider going elsewhere simply because you don't get a daily email?
Old 09-03-2015, 02:56 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mzzzquilts View Post
I think it's unfair to the people that offer us a FREE website to consider going elsewhere simply because you don't get a daily email?
that was my thought too. I get the daily email but delete it because it is so easy to use the full board and not miss anything. Different strokes I guess.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by mzzzquilts View Post
It's a choice; that's all I meant. It's not a "take my toys and go home" suggestion, but reading the board under resources is not as simple as reading from the Daily Digest, which was a nice thing to have -- the back feature, for instance is more cumbersome and requires many clicks whereas with the Digest, one could just close that thread with one click and return to the main page -- so there may be some who decide to go elsewhere. Everyone should feel FREE to do as they wish, including using free websites...or not.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by mme3924 View Post
It's a choice; that's all I meant. It's not a "take my toys and go home" suggestion, but reading the board under resources is not as simple as reading from the Daily Digest, which was a nice thing to have -- the back feature, for instance is more cumbersome and requires many clicks whereas with the Digest, one could just close that thread with one click and return to the main page -- so there may be some who decide to go elsewhere. Everyone should feel FREE to do as they wish, including using free websites...or not.
I agree with mme3924. I'm not trying to be a smarty pants but so what if it's free...... if it's not working properly then it's doing no one any good. Besides that, FYI this isn't the only "free" quilting forum out there. Moreover, I've seen a lot of familiar names on some of the other sites that I don't see here any more. I hope this problem is fixed soon, it's been about a week and a half now. How much longer do we need to be patience?
Old 09-04-2015, 08:50 AM

>>>>>if it's not working properly then it's doing no one any good.>>>>>

This was kind of my take on it, but again, everyone should choose their own level of comfort and patience.

I have thought, though, that there's been a decrease in traffic on this board in the last several months. I assumed it was due to summer, when some people seem to sew less, but now wonder if folks are moving around.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:08 PM

[QUOTE=mme3924;7306520]>>>>>if it's not working properly then it's doing no one any good.>>>>>

Doing no one any good?? I'm sorry to cause controversy, but I must dispute this comment....there are plenty of us who enjoy the board and find it works just fine. I'm sure this thread will be removed or closed shortly, but just wanted to say I support the board and respect the people who keep it up and running. Thank you.
Old 09-05-2015, 03:02 AM

Yay, I got the board back. Don't know what happened, don't care, just don't mess with it.