Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Digest

Daily Digest

When I access the link for the digest from the email notification, the list of topics most commented only posts from 'MAIN'. Is the digest not going to include the most commented from the other sections? I count on that to keep me from spending the whole day on the board.
    If of thy mortal goods thou art bereft and in thy slender store two loaves alone to thee are left, sell one and with the dole buy hyacinths to feed thy soul. -Muslih-uddin Sadi.
    A thing of beauty is a joy forever. -John Keats.

Admin help

Since the new changes I cannot get the "daily Digest" When I open thepage and try to scroll the letters just are a set of long lines all the way down the page1
    I miss the "digest" as it is the first thing I look at every morning.... Please help!

Blog Entries

Daily Digest

Questions about the Daily Digest can be posted here. You can sign up for the Daily Digest on the right, near the top, of most of the pages listed on the Main Menu bar where Home is found.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Angry Won't Load

It won't load from my e-mail notification -

Well, I don't know if this will get read or answered, and it may be somewhere in the many pages under
    this topic, but for now I can't wade through all of the posts to try to find an answer. My question is
    that I am guessing that the daily newsletter no longer includes the different groupings, like most popular
    topics in the main section, then the picture section, then the open discussion section, then notices about
    meetings, etc, and then items for sale. Am I right about that? If that is the case, I am very disappointed.
    It's not that I don't like change, it's just that this new format is so vastly different and I feel that a lot
    has been lost. The new site is very difficult to maneuver, and having had an online quilt shop for a number
    of years, I know that ease of navigation is one of the most important things you can do to drive traffic
    to your site. I loved the other format, because I could easily see what topic I wanted read and what I
    did not. Now I have to sign in each time, click on the main section where there are pages and pages,
    and I can't find any of the other sections. I, for one, and very disappointed. Will these issues be addressed
    or not.
    Thanks,
    Marcia

I get the digest page in email but can't do anything with it....I can't even scroll the page. And other people's signatures are showing but mine is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Morag View Post
    Since the new changes I cannot get the "daily Digest" When I open thepage and try to scroll the letters just are a set of long lines all the way down the page1
    I miss the "digest" as it is the first thing I look at every morning.... Please help!
    This is identical to my problem with the digest, I hope it can be worked out.

Blog Entries

What have you done to my wonderful quilting newsletter

I am really very sad that someone decided to change the format to this newletter. It was so easy to use before. When I needed to release the stress of the day, I could sit and relax and read any or all articles that I wanted..
    I do not usually complain about what goes on but I am truly very sorry this newletter has changed.

When I get the morning e-mail and click onto it, it immediately locks up my computer. From there it is down hill. I found what someone was saying in how to find "bookmarks" but do not even understand or see what they are talking about...

I know that you will not miss one person if they do not use this site anymore. But my beloved quilting newsletter is not "beloved" anymore... I learned so much on this site and got new ideas from many people, and I thank you for that in the past...

Now I do not have the time or energy to be hunting around for what I read previously or wish to bookmark. Maybe it will come but for someone who just likes to join in for a few mins, this is terribly cumbersome...

I hope others are happy and it is for the good of many, not the wishes of one. I am very sorry to find that this newsletter is not working for me at this time.

Julie Woods, Port Orange Florida.

Just like a new quilty patern, hope you get to explore and keep on a learning.
    stitchfully
    fabric is my fiber of life!
    JRSAY

Blog Entries
    I have found the same problems
    Marion

Native Texan living in beautiful Arkansas
    I sure do agree with you. The fun is quickly leaving. I always checked this before getting ready for work. I have even gotten up extra early so I could go to QB......but now it is a waste of time. Very disappointing.
    Take care of our earth. It's the only planet with chocolate!

There is a section called "QB Help Center" on the home page that gives a lot of good information regarding how to use the new board.

mltquilt

Must be a guy thing!
    Tinker until it's broken permanently then get a new one and start again.
    I came today and clicked "What's new" and that is all I will read.
    I think there were about 5 pages and that is enough to get my day started.
    I'll never know what I have missed.
    Still so sad.
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
    Susan

I agree, I now can't get on chat ...it keeps jumping back and forth from one site to the next. Never had this occur before, just don't know what to do!! I sure miss this site. It is so hard to explore ...I' m about ready to give up...I don't see any justice in this new site..."if it's ot broken...don't fix it."

Power Poster
    I don't know about the newsletter that gets sent out but you can look in Resources.
    SueDor

Read the positive threads - lots of help there. ALL the threads are right there for you to click on and read or "hover" over with your mouse arrow and you can read the first part and decide if you want to open it. Start out with clicking on WHAT'S NEW at the top of the page and gradually click on all the rest to see what choices you get. Just take it in small steps - just like learning a new quilting technique!

Drawing a blank with the new board

I get the QB Digest every day via email but when I click on the link I get the QB header and then a blank page. Then everything freezes up; I'm not able to view any posts or scroll down the page. The only way I can access the board is via Google or bookmarking it on my favorites.

Is the email digest still working? Is anyone else having this experience? Is there a solution??

Wahhhhhhh...........

Blog Entries
    I've been trying to be positive with this new format. I am not computer illiterate. I am just not comfortable here anymore. I'm also the first one to stand up for change, but this change was was like a house fire, even though the house was re-built, it isn't the same comfortable home you had before. I probably won't dump it completely, but I know that I won't spend as much time here. I came here for relaxation and companionship with like-minded quilting friends. Now it's frustrating and stressful. I don't need frustrating and stressful. I'm sorry that the "powers that be" felt the need to make this massive change. I understand all about outdated systems, but it seems to me that the people that were in charge of this, NEVER bothered to actually spend time on the old forum to try and make this "update" friendly and usable by QUILTERS not just GEEKS. I know that we have all ages on here, but I'm willing to bet that the majority are middle age and older QUILTERS who didn't grow up with computers, and electronic gadgets. I wonder if we sat the people who did this down with a bunch of quilting supplies and a pattern and told them to "just try it, you'll get used to it" without any instruction beforehand, they would even start, let alone finish the project. Just my humble opinion, but I think that MUCH more thought and study needed to be done before they pushed the destroy button on our old comfortable board. This is the result of not putting the spirit of the community before the wishes of the tech staff. Welcome to the future.
    Last edited by Val in IN; 11-04-2011 at 05:56 AM.

I have AOL...I used to just go to the QB, read the unread topics, but now, if I want to make comments, post, etc. I have to go use Internet Explorer in order to get to the QB...and that is an unfamiliar screen to me to begin with...not like the AOL screen...grrr...I keep clicking at the wrong things on the top of the IE screen and have to start over...I keep trying but I am only getting more and more frustrated...I went to the Quilting Haven board again, I do not have these problems there...:>( Naomi
    "Tomorrow is another day" Scarlett O'Hara...

Quote Originally Posted by mltquilt View Post
    There is a section called "QB Help Center" on the home page that gives a lot of good information regarding how to use the new board.

mltquilt
    I am trying to figure out how to change the background color of this , so it isn't so brite and glaring . and to change the color of the lettering . I have checked out the Help center, and emailed Admin. but never got an answer. It is so frustrating when they just leave you in the dark on your own.

I have been off of the computer for almost 3 weeks due to illness. When I tried to log on using the links in the e-mail messages that had piled up I kept getting "site not found". I finally did a Google search for Quilted Paradise Digest and found the board again. I'm not going to say I don't like the new format because I haven't used it enough to form an opinion, but I will say that it seems to be a little less "user friendly" than the old format. That said, I will continue to try to navigate the new forum because I really love this group. There are so many talented and helpful members.

I definitely agree. It was fun before--not now. I could understand some changes might have been necessary but a complete overhaul??

Meetoo82 in Missouri
    Duchess of Needleland

I'm afraid I'm another one who is displeased with the new format, and echo the viewpoint of, "if it's not broken, don't fix it". it was so easy to pop in for awhile to the old format. And we could tell what threads we had already read. This feels cumbersome and not my old group of friendly folk. I didn't post often, but enjoyed so much reading it. This probably took ages to create, but I'm not comfortable with it, and it's not just a case of disliking whatever is new.
    Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick... We are flexible like that .

I agree- for those of us who aren't computer savvy the new terms and links are a totally foreign language. If the same terms had been kept it would have helped. Also to move around the old board seemed like a one click journey, now it seems you have to take several turns and twists to get where you want to go. I understand change is hard and we will have to be diligent to learn how to navigate the new board, but it really seems more complicated than it needs to be, not user friendly at all now. I think that site developers are really not aware of how much users know and don't know when they make a new site like this one. If all the terminology and uses are second nature to them they don't realize it is not second nature for us, it is confusing. I wonder if they did any previewing with some of the board members? We could have told them way early in the development process to keep it simpler and more streamlined for easier use.
    Kim

daily digest

I'm not sure if this is where I post this message...I have not been able to access the daily digest since the change occured this week. I have sent three messages to the admin but heard nothing back!
    I'm frustrated and need help with this problem since the daily digest is one of my favorite readings in the morning.....
    Someone please assist me..Thanks

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast