Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   anyone else having a prob typing on this site? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/anyone-else-having-prob-typing-site-t238876.html)

MaryStoaks 01-15-2014 09:05 AM

I have that problem! Only on the Quilting Board. Is it running very slow?

tessagin 01-15-2014 09:10 AM

Happens to me everyday when I get to a certain point. Usually when I move the cursor from one point to another to edit such as hit the delete button or if I backspace then try to use the delete. And that annoying red underscoring line. And yes when typing after that, it's like you have to hit the keys one letter really hard every time. I thought it was just me or my keyboard but it only happens on this board.

Judi in Ohio 01-15-2014 10:36 AM

I am trying the double A and it is working well. Why is that? What does it do?

Judi in Ohio 01-15-2014 10:38 AM

Yes, it is only on this site that I have problems. But the double a works - now to remember to use it.

mzzzquilts 01-15-2014 03:36 PM

If you're using IE, put it in compatibility mode from tools.

thimblebug6000 01-15-2014 04:11 PM

I was having that problem along with other problems, and PatriceJ said to download AdBlockerPlus add-in..... since I have (touch wood) I haven't had any problems.

luce321 01-15-2014 04:57 PM

Judi, I have had your problem for about two months. It is so annoying and it wastes so much time.

southernmema 01-16-2014 05:20 AM

Me too....same problem. Only this site.

dc989 01-16-2014 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic (Post 6513695)
I have had some weird funky things happen recently when using Mozilla. Like the cursor doesn't show up. But it happens infrequently and if I get out of the topic and back in again, it acts fine. When using explorer the site was crashing on me quite a bit so i switched to Mozilla.

I have been having Mozilla problems too. It is hurky jerky and slow. I went in and uninstalled several programs which were add-ons when I upgraded something. That helped. Also had so many popups I could hardly use my computer. Got rid of them too. What I know about computers would fit with room to spare on the head of a pin, so I hope I didn't uninstall anything important. My tech is OT for two weeks, so I decided to fix it myself!!! He may be in for a surprise. LOL

Barb in Louisiana 01-16-2014 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 6514162)
In order to correct the problem, you can select the A/A in the left corner above the typing box before you start typing. Or you can go to settings and under General Account (left side of page) go down to Miscellaneous Options and for Message Editor Interface select Standard Editor. Previously I had Enhanced Interface selected, and it used to work fine, but something changed somewhere and now that option no longer performs correctly for me. Standard Editor works well though.

I had the same problems with the slowness and only about half my letters typing. The fix Dunster talks about above works as a permanent fix. I had to figure it out on my own. Glad she was here to provide that info for you.