Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   anyone else having a prob typing on this site? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/anyone-else-having-prob-typing-site-t238876.html)

Judi in Ohio 01-15-2014 05:35 AM

anyone else having a prob typing on this site?

Funniest thing, when I type - only here, my letters show up a tad after I type, not like the usual; type, it's there. And this red line shows up and follows my word til it's complete. I miss spaces, letters, etc. Constantly correcting Of course I'm writing this and no prob, but its bee weeks like this. Is it something on my end?

Dina 01-15-2014 05:50 AM

I have never had that problem....and i hope you don't have it again! It sounds really irritating.

Dina

ManiacQuilter2 01-15-2014 06:09 AM

I haven't noticed any problem and I have an older computer trunning XP.

Tartan 01-15-2014 06:12 AM

​I only have trouble typing on my iPad if another picture is loading.

feline fanatic 01-15-2014 06:18 AM

I have had some weird funky things happen recently when using Mozilla. Like the cursor doesn't show up. But it happens infrequently and if I get out of the topic and back in again, it acts fine. When using explorer the site was crashing on me quite a bit so i switched to Mozilla.

luvTooQuilt 01-15-2014 06:21 AM

I get a late curser.. ill type a word and the first two letters dont show up.. but i think im just an impatient one.. im always in hurry.. :shock:

JustAbitCrazy 01-15-2014 06:26 AM

This has been happening to me, too! I was considering asking this very question. Computer techs checked and said computer was clean---got it back home, and had missing letters all over again! Called them, and they said it must be a bad keyboard. Replaced that, still no change. It's very irritating, and so s--l--o--w! Has been happening for about a month or a month and a half (?). I keep doing Norton maintenance chores, which sometimes help a bit, sometimes not at all.

NJ Quilter 01-15-2014 06:32 AM

For me, it was happening using Internet Explorer as my browser. Not when using Mozilla Firefox. The red lines are indicative of a spellcheck functioning in the background somewhere - either on this site itself or the browser.

Elisabrat 01-15-2014 06:36 AM

think sometimes the server is slow perhaps on the quilting board as it doesn't happen on any other site for me. you type and cant see your letters. happens but thankfully not often.

dunster 01-15-2014 08:51 AM

In order to correct the problem, you can select the A/A in the left corner above the typing box before you start typing. Or you can go to settings and under General Account (left side of page) go down to Miscellaneous Options and for Message Editor Interface select Standard Editor. Previously I had Enhanced Interface selected, and it used to work fine, but something changed somewhere and now that option no longer performs correctly for me. Standard Editor works well though.