Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Feedback Question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/feedback-question-t184492.html)

noveltyjunkie 03-31-2012 03:32 AM

Its hard to make a finite list of acceptable reasons. What if your car broke down and you couldn't get to the post office? What if you just decided you wanted to keep it?
Surely posting something for sale is inviting someone to approach you to attempt to enter into a contract, rather than an absolute commitment to sell?

patricej 04-01-2012 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie (Post 5104199)
Surely posting something for sale is inviting someone to approach you to attempt to enter into a contract, rather than an absolute commitment to sell?

surely not.

we shouldn't offer things here unless we are willing to follow through.

noveltyjunkie 04-01-2012 03:05 PM

I guess US contract law is different.

luvTooQuilt 04-01-2012 04:22 PM

I host swaps, and i I sell items. I do not leave feedback for ALL transactions for many reasons....

patricej 04-02-2012 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie (Post 5108451)
I guess US contract law is different.

i don't know about contract law. i just know it would be very bad manners to offer something unless we were sure we wanted to sell/trade it and could be trusted to follow through.

charity-crafter 04-02-2012 10:25 AM

Maybe a nice little tutorial on how to leave feedback would be helpful for those who don't really know how. And an explaination on why it's important to leave feedback even if everything is satisfactory.

I've not bought anything from anybody on the board but on other groups I have. I honestly wouldn't have thought about leaving feedback before reading this thread. I figure you have my money, I have what I wanted that's the end of the transaction.

bearisgray 04-03-2012 08:14 AM

In most cases, I consider a transaction good if:

I offer something, the person pays for it, I send it, they get it and are happy with it.

OR

Someone offers something, I want it and it's available,I pay for it and I get it and it's as described - life is good.

I usually try to leave feedback - sometimes I don't - It's nice to get give and get good feedback.

I usually don't even get overly upset if someone changes his/her mind about buying something - as long as the person lets me know, too!!!!!! (There have been a couple of major exceptions to that, but if it's a piece that I have not cut yet and something comes up in the other person's life - stuff happens - just let me know, too. )

I would like a way to let others know that someone has not followed through for no good reason, though. (Note - I am allowing for illness, accidents, death, loss of work, etc.)

Overall, MOST of the people I've dealt with have been great - either buying or selling - and I would be happy to work with them again.

chips88 09-04-2012 01:10 PM

i leave feedback if i can remember how?

RUSewing 09-07-2012 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by charity-crafter (Post 5110683)
Maybe a nice little tutorial on how to leave feedback would be helpful for those who don't really know how. And an explaination on why it's important to leave feedback even if everything is satisfactory.

I've also been trying to figure this out. Help would be appreciated.