Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Picture issues (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/picture-issues-t165066.html)

ncredbird 11-02-2011 05:00 AM

Picture issues

I am unable to view pictures included within a post using Firefox 3.6.23. What I see is a box containing a paper clip and the words "Attachments Included". Nothing happened when I clicked on it. I then went and tried the Internet Explorer browser. Then I could see three boxes to click that brought up the pictures. Are we going to have to bring up pictures to see them displayed or will they be displayed automatically. Right now on my computer they are not being displayed within the context of the post but have to be viewed outside of the board. Is there something I need to change on this end? Does one browser work better than another? Ann in TN

ywoodruff5 11-02-2011 05:57 AM

I also have problems viewing posted pics.....had to download pic in order to see it....guess I won't be seeing more - not gonna download every pic....

qbquilts 11-02-2011 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by ncredbird (Post 4616865)
I am unable to view pictures included within a post using Firefox 3.6.23. What I see is a box containing a paper clip and the words "Attachments Included". Nothing happened when I clicked on it. I then went and tried the Internet Explorer browser. Then I could see three boxes to click that brought up the pictures. Are we going to have to bring up pictures to see them displayed or will they be displayed automatically. Right now on my computer they are not being displayed within the context of the post but have to be viewed outside of the board. Is there something I need to change on this end? Does one browser work better than another? Ann in TN

This may be a browser issue. You are using an old version of Firefox. The current version is 7.0.1, which I am using. I have no problem with viewing photos. To update your Firefox, click on the help menu, then "about firefox". It will tell you your version and should have a link to update (at least that's how it is on the current version - the older versions may have this elsewhere).

Lacelady 11-02-2011 11:15 AM

I can't find out how to post a pic onto my blog and no one has given me any suggestions or hints. I have an attachments manager, but that is it.

patricej 11-02-2011 05:02 PM

Creating and editing blog posts is the same as doing it in Threads (Topics).

I recommend you always choose to "Go Advanced". That's where all the goodies are.

Images are inserted in one of two ways: Direct or Thumbnails.

If you want to insert the picture, click on the Image icon. (move your mouse around. each icon will reveal a text identifier.) You can upload the image from your computer or embed a URL.)

To attach thumbnails, click on the Attachments icon. (looks like a paper clip.)

Personally, i prefer to upload the photos from my computer. I find thumbnails annoying and they take extras steps to attach.

patricej 11-02-2011 05:02 PM

Creating and editing blog posts is the same as doing it in Threads (Topics).

I recommend you always choose to "Go Advanced". That's where all the goodies are.

Images are inserted in one of two ways: Direct or Thumbnails.

If you want to insert the picture, click on the Image icon. (move your mouse around. each icon will reveal a text identifier.) You can upload the image from your computer or embed a URL.)

To attach thumbnails, click on the Attachments icon. (looks like a paper clip.)

Personally, i prefer to upload the photos from my computer. I find thumbnails annoying and they take extras steps to attach.

Carron 11-02-2011 07:31 PM

How to post a picture

I am trying to learn this new set up but not computing in my head very fast!:( How does a person go about posting a picture?
Thanks

nanna-up-north 11-03-2011 04:10 AM

How to post a picture

Hi, I'm still struggling with this new format. I posted a reply on a thread I started a few days ago ..... tried to attach a picture but, alas, it didn't show up. And the posting doesn't show up on the main page either. I'm NOT very handy with computers until I really LEARN the changes. Can anyone help me out here?

EmbQuilt 11-03-2011 04:16 AM

When you want to add a picture (at least this is the view I seenon my iPad), you 1) click on POST QUICK REPLY on bottom right. 2) click on GO ADVANCED 3) click on MANAGE ATTACHMENTS 4) browse for your file then click on UPLOAD 5)then click on CLOSE WINDOW 6) click on SUBMIT

nanna-up-north 11-03-2011 04:16 AM

Okay, I'll try that. Thanks.