Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Too many "Hitch hikers" on this board... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/too-many-hitch-hikers-board-t240564.html)

abc123xyz 02-08-2014 12:10 PM

On my computer compatibility mood is under tools and internet options. I just click on the A/A in the upper left corner and have no problems. It pays to be careful about the adjustments one makes as they can create more problems than one already has. A good anti-virus program is a must. I use the free AVG one. As long as the A/A works for me I will not mess around trying to change compatibility settings. I have windows 8 on my computer.

damaquilts 02-08-2014 12:25 PM

Well its nice to know it wasn't just me. :) Today seems to be better and I haven't done anything .

abc123xyz 02-08-2014 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by abc123xyz (Post 6562792)
On my computer compatibility mood is under tools and internet options. I just click on the A/A in the upper left corner and have no problems. It pays to be careful about the adjustments one makes as they can create more problems than one already has. A good anti-virus program is a must. I use the free AVG one. As long as the A/A works for me I will not mess around trying to change compatibility settings. I have windows 8 on my computer.

Oops! Mean to say that is where I found pop-up blocker. It is checked on mine. Compatibility view setting is just above internet options. Didn't mean to lead anyone astray.

csharp 02-08-2014 04:18 PM

I have this same problem and it seem that the a/A click has fixed it...thanks so much. Will it be necessary to do this each time???

cindyb 02-08-2014 04:32 PM

Oh yes - pop-ups and redirects are driving me crazy

ManiacQuilter2 02-08-2014 04:40 PM

I BLOCK my cookies and have the pop up blocker on so the typos are all my mistake!! I didn't like all these ads displaying items I had just looked at. Though I find this compatibility issue interesting. Some of eBays utilities have suddenly stopped working for me over a week ago and some note was there noting something about "compatibility mode".

T. 02-10-2014 06:52 AM

When you say "click on compatibility mode", you mean to add this site, right?
I use AVG. I am glad to find out I was not alone, Thank you all for your suggestions :)

justflyingin 03-24-2014 10:59 PM

Check for malware too. I had this problem yesterday when I attempted to read the QB. It wasn't the board at all. It was my computer. Thankfully not viruses, but irritating, nevertheless.

I got rid of the malware and everything is fine.

Gay 03-26-2014 06:08 PM

I'm using Chrome and have both the pop-ups and typing problems. I also have Ad-block. Managed fiddle around and sort all out a couple of weeks ago, but now it's all back, and only seems to affect this board - at the moment. I didn't have these problems with IE, except it wouldn't let me post photos, so changed to chrome.

Gay 03-31-2014 06:12 AM

Have done some searching and found these pop-ups or 'pursue points' are a program that has been sneakily installed on my computer. Try going to start - control panel - instal/uninstal - select 'pursue points', tell it to uninstall. Close any programs that are open - then restart your computer. Viola - I have no more unwanted ads