Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Questions about deleting posts within a thread, etc and using QB effectively. >

Questions about deleting posts within a thread, etc and using QB effectively.

Questions about deleting posts within a thread, etc and using QB effectively.

Old 04-19-2014, 04:30 AM

Default Questions about deleting posts within a thread, etc and using QB effectively.

I have been enjoying the quilting board for awhile now but I do not think I am using it effectively. I go in archives and look at main and pictures several times a day and tutorials a few times a month. If I find something I want to follow, I will subscribe to the thread. I know that if I comment on a thread, it will be in my personal info. What I also do is save quilt images to my IPad. These pictures I also then put into albums such as baby quilts and Christmas quilts. I also save the thread to my IPad. I have several categories(bookmarks) set up (e.g. Quilt tips, quilt resources, quilt related, quilt baby, quilt Christmas, etc) on my IPad where, if I see a thread I want to save, I will save it. I know I am not doing this process effectively as it is saving the whole thread.

Is there a way to delete posts within a thread? I might want to save just the initial post and a few comments/posts in the thread? Or is there a way for me to save just a post in a thread with the title of the thread so I can refer back to it if I want. Can I save pictures within the Quilting Board which references the title of the thread? Thanks for your help. Happy Easter!

Sent from my iPad
Old 04-19-2014, 01:12 PM
Power Poster

if you copy the thread and paste it to a notepad or email, you can delete the parts of the thread that you don't want. but i'm not sure why you would want to do that when you can bookmark the thread or copy the url. when you save pictures from the QB, it is best to name them so you can go back to the thread they were in or give credit to the original poster. when i save such pics, i name them starting with the date [year, month, day] it was posted, then put QB for quiltingboard, then put the member name... ex: 20140416 QB QuiltnNan. that way, i can always find it again.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:58 AM

Another question sort of related to this one: Is it possible to delete threads you posted when you don't want them on the board anymore?
SVAL
Old 06-04-2014, 06:15 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sval View Post
Another question sort of related to this one: Is it possible to delete threads you posted when you don't want them on the board anymore?
SVAL
I think you need to send a request to a moderator and she can delete it for you.

A reminder: It is always wise to think twice about posting anything - once it's out there - even if deleted from the original site at a later time - it might still be floating around somewhere and accessible by someone.