Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • QB Help Center
  • Shockwave Flash >
  • Shockwave Flash

• Shockwave Flash

Old 01-18-2012, 08:17 PM

Default Shockwave Flash

For some time now I've had a problem with QB and "Shockwave Flash". 95% of the time I'm on the board everything freezes and I get a message that "shockwave flash has crashed" and that I should close all open tabs. Today I got a new laptop and now know that it was not specific to my old laptop because it's still happening.

I'm running Wondows 7, and my browser is Google Chrome.

Has anyone else reported this problem and offered any suggestions??? It gets V-E-R-Y annoying!!
    Old 01-19-2012, 03:53 AM
    Administrator

i have sent in inquiry to tech support.
    Old 01-19-2012, 11:42 AM

Thanks!!!!!!!!
    Old 01-19-2012, 02:30 PM
    Administrator

This from tech support: "There was a known compatibility issue with Shockwave Flash and Google Chrome. This was sometime in September 2011.

Can you ask the member to switch to a different browser and see if she continues to see the same issue.

Also, another solution is to upgrade or downgrade the flash player."

I noted that you said your computer was new. However, it's at least possible that it was in a warehouse for a while before it made its way to your tender loving care. It's possible that not all of the different programs installed are the most up-to-date versions. It's possible there's a mixture - which could create some combatability issues - especially when it comes to Flash.

I would first make sure you have the most up-to-date version of Chrome installed. If not, update that.
    Then, go to the Adobe website and install all of the following applications to make sure you're using the latest versions. http://www.adobe.com/downloads/

-Flash Player
    -Shockwave
    -Reader
    -Air

if that doesn't solve the problem, the next thing to try would be another browsing software. i have found that different browsers perform better [for me] than others at specific sites. i use FireFox to cruise the board. http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/fx/

if you're on a PC there's Internet Explorer.

another option is Safari, which seems to be popular among Mac users. http://www.apple.com/safari/

if you still have the problem no matter which browser you're using, then please send me an email with more details about your computer so i can send it forward for the techs to look at again.
    Old 01-19-2012, 03:08 PM

WOW!!! Many thanks for all the info. I also read that there is a conflict issue with Shockwave and Chrome, so I just downloaded the most recent version of Chrome yesterday. Let's see if that rectifies my problem.

Additionally, I DO have the most recent Adobe applications. Many thanks for all you good advice, I will let you know what happens.