Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
What the heck is going on?????????????????????????????? >

What the heck is going on??????????????????????????????

What the heck is going on??????????????????????????????

Old 12-13-2011, 12:16 PM

Default What the heck is going on??????????????????????????????

I'm seeing red..............I know how to post pictures, I know how to download smaller files for posting. Why have I not been able to post any new pics in the last week or so? I have spent way too much time trying to post descriptions and info on my blog regarding projects I'm working on, no pictures...Tried to do a tutorial,,,,no pictures. Tried to post under main....no pictures.

Most of the time I get kicked off the board and have to log back on. I may have to just take a break until after the 1st of the year!
Old 12-13-2011, 02:05 PM

Sorry, I don't know what is going on. I can't even figure out 'how' to post a photo. I was going to ask you how to. LOL (not at your frustration)... just at something that used to be sewwww easy is not obvious to me when I look around.

I hope someone comes along to let you know what is going on.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:19 AM
Administrator

I can't explain any difficulty uploading photos. the procedures haven't changed. unless the photo files are too large, it's no more difficult than it was in the old software.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help...g-t166655.html

http://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help...s-t168819.html

PROBLEMS LOGGIN IN OR STAYING LOGGED IN:

Assuming the member is using the correct username and password combination, these two problems are related to the browsing software being used, the way the users are browsing the site, and their individual browser settings

Supported browsers include:

• Internet Explorer v7 and up
  • Firefox v6 and up (current version – 2)
  • Chrome (current version)
  • Safari v5 and up (current major version)

I highly recommend you upgrade to the latest version of your browsing software if you have not already done so.

Based on a very good tip/reminder posted today by another member I recommend that you read the following before you attempt to login again:

To those getting the error message "incorrect password" or "incorrect user name":

• Have you cleaned out temp files and cookies lately? Please do that before you try to login this time.
  • Also, if you're coming onto the board with an old "shortcut" or "favorite bookmark", delete it, type www.quiltingboard.com into the address bar, or click on the link right here to go there, and make it a new internet shortcut or internet favorite bookmark. Try it, and see if these tips help.

When you get to the Quilting Board Home Page to sign in, please remember to wait until the page completes loading to log in. The fields have "hint" text in them as opposed to labels outside them to indicate what should be put in there. When the page has mostly loaded, there is code on the page that will dynamically remove that hint text from the field as soon as the user tries to enter their own text in there.

However, if you try to click into the field immediately after it shows up, but while the page has not finished loading, it's possible you may submit the hint text along with your actual username or password, resulting in a failed log-in.

Remember: both username and password are case-sensitive.
Example: suppose my username is JoeSmith and my password is Abc123
If I try to sign in as joesmith, it won’t work
If I try to use the password abc123, it won’t work

1) After entering the username and password, but before clicking the “Login” button, users can check the "Remember me" check box right next to the login button while logging in.

2) Users may be using private browsing, in which case there are no cookies saved on to your computer. So, even if the user checked the "Remember me" box while using private browsing, the cookie will not be saved and therefore the site will require users to login.

3) If the users manually clear the cookies of their browser or automatically delete the cookies once they close the browser, in either case, users will be required to login again.

4) Lastly, if the user is inactive for 60 minutes then user will automatically be logged out (This does not seem to be the case, but something to remember).

That will only happen to users who have *not* checked the "Remember Me" box.

If they have checked the box, they will not be logged out due to an hour of inactivity. I think the next time they will be required to log in is 2-4 weeks later.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:57 AM

I am on this board off and on all day. I have checked the remember me box & I still get kicked off. Photos are a problem and I do know how to resize them. I mostly go to the swap that I participate in since I don't enjoy coming here as much anymore.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:12 PM

my trouble with this site is the photos that do come thru are a mess,I can't even tell what they are
Old 12-14-2011, 03:28 PM

Just remain calm and remember we were told there would be a few bugs t work out,it always happens when you fix something that is't broken.Sandy
Old 12-14-2011, 03:35 PM

I have to agree with fayzer I do not enjoy this new board like I did the old one. I couldn't wait each day to get on the old one. This new one some days I just delete it or read one thing it is just not the same.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:02 PM

Why don't they listen to us??? It is not the same. It's not user friendly and it's not the sam e old site that I loved and now hardly look at it. I would think that no one is happy and they would bring back the old wonderful site that I loved and so many others also did. Guess they don't really care. To bad. I am looking for other interesting sites.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by busygranny View Post
Why don't they listen to us??? It is not the same. It's not user friendly and it's not the sam e old site that I loved and now hardly look at it. I would think that no one is happy and they would bring back the old wonderful site that I loved and so many others also did. Guess they don't really care. To bad. I am looking for other interesting sites.
That's not fair....lumping me and many others into your "no one is happy" comment. I love the new site. I'm sorry you're not happy with the change, though
Old 12-14-2011, 05:22 PM

I agree I love this site old or new.