Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 35 of 108 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 45 85 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Fabric Moratorium

The only fabric I purchased this month was for backing.
    Last edited by ladydeluxe; 03-31-2013 at 06:56 AM.
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Another month behind us. My only purchase was the 2 yards that I found for a birthday present for myself.

Blog Entries
    Well I did purchase fabric for my stash in March. I had been looking for an out of print fabric I found it and purchased 5 yards. However, I have been on a fabric moratorium since July 2012 with only adding 2 FQ bundles to my stash in the last 9 months. I'm not feeling any guilt at all!!!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Blog Entries
    I didn't buy any fabric at all in March.
    OK, that's an April Fool joke (or a big fat lie, depending on your point of view...)

Personally, March was not good for the moritorium.

March excuse: March is my BIRTHDAY month.
    March poem: When she was good, she was very, very good
    but when she was bad she was a hoarder (I mean she was horrid)
    March Resolution: I'll do better in April...

The up side is that the 'slipcover the pontoon boat' and the 'embroider 48 napkins for my Great Niece's bridal shower' (15,000 stitches, 7 color changes) projects are complete, so I was able to actually do some quilting this month.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

I was doing really well w/ not buying & using only my stash until ------- We went on a road trip along the Mississippi River - Wis. side. Found a new quilt shop in Alma, Wisconsin in an old Hotel. Beautiful fabrics!! She's having a 1st anniversary sale on May 1st. I couldn't resist!! BUT -- I was selective, still walked out w/ 4 pcs that go with my stash at home.

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    Dont feel bad about your coupon expiring. You wouldn't have been able to use it on the Go anyway. All coupons I get from Joann's have the disclaimer that they can't be used on AccuQuilt products or sewing machines.
    Yep, I found that out. I got home & tried to see if I could use it on a mix & match set & not only would it not take that one, but it wouldn't even let me use the free shipping on it. My boyfriend ordered the collect em all vol I series for me on Amazon. It comes tomorrow. I'm so excited!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DustysMomma View Post
    Yep, I found that out. I got home & tried to see if I could use it on a mix & match set & not only would it not take that one, but it wouldn't even let me use the free shipping on it. My boyfriend ordered the collect em all vol I series for me on Amazon. It comes tomorrow. I'm so excited!

Yay for you! You better keep him!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Paper Princess: I really like your March excuse. It is especially good because it can only be used once a year, therefore it can't be overused, and no one can say you shouldn't get a birthday treat.
    Pokey what's a mini vacation without a treat.
    Just a revisit on my record in March. Fell off big time. CT is responsible, they had a sale on their mirage fabric which is just perfect for a quilt I have already designed. Can't think of an excuse, except if I just hadn't opened that e-mail. Can resist anything but a sale. Well that's not true either. Hope to do a lot better in April. Better get off here before my nose gets any longer.

The only fabric I purchased in March was two fabrics to back quilts and some background fabric. Last night I cut out 23 fat quarters and some background fabric for my next quilt. I am trying to use up fabric I have as well as use patterns I have. In March I finished 2 UFO's and made 2 wall hangings from my stash. Using up my stash does make me feel so good. Still have lots to get thru!
    Sophie2

Blog Entries
    Connecting Threads had Mirage on sale? Too bad I missed that one. I really like that fabric though they discontinued my favorite color.

I do have to visit my LQS this week. I need 1/2 yard of black - if I didn't have so much fabric, I could find mine, but it is hiding somewhere so I will purchase a small amount. Now you know why I'm on a moratorium.
    Last edited by irishrose; 04-02-2013 at 08:32 AM.

Page 35 of 108 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 45 85 ... LastLast