Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 109 of 141 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 108 109 110 119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1403

Thread: 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

Blog Entries
    High 5 VickiM!
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Quote Originally Posted by VickiM View Post
    Here are 2 ufo's started last year as leader/ender scraps...all put together into quilts that will be donated at quilt guild on Monday.
    These are so beautiful Vicki

Blog Entries
    I love those quilts Vicki. Making things work together is always a challenge but you did good.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

QM and Vicki..... wonderful!!! They are all great..... good job!
    --- Jean

I'd rather spend money on my quilting hobby than the therapist.... I'm probably $$$ ahead.... and I'm happy!!

I'm getting closer to finishing the string quilt that is taking forever. The name is Atlantis for the Lost Continent, its a king size.
    In prep for starting the next UFO, a blue and white Irish chain, I pulled the pieces out to iron and sort. I used the strip method to piece it. The top is about 3/4's done. Well my strip cutting is less than perfect, really could not figure out what they were supposed to be, they wandered between 2.5 and 2.75. What's a quarter inch among friends? Well this is another that my skill level is now better, I will no doubt have to fudge alot to get it to work. These wrecks are now being called utility quilts. They didn't start out that way, but I'm not proud of them.

Annaquilts - the bunnies were part of the McCall's pattern. I saw it and I just had to make it. Both my DH and DS think that the bunnies look weird. When I want their opinion I'll give it to them!

QuilterMomma - I loved the little pumpkin quilt. Made me think that I'm sure I have some kind of fall UFO that I should get started on. But your appliqued quilt??? Absolutely stunning! You do wonderful work.

VickiM - I love both of your quilts. I especially like how there is just a "pop" of brightness. Very nicely done.

VickiM
    Those are so beautiful. I love how pastel they are with an occasional zinger of some brighter colors..

Quote Originally Posted by VickiM View Post
    Here are 2 ufo's started last year as leader/ender scraps...all put together into quilts that will be donated at quilt guild on Monday.
    Anna Quilts

Quote Originally Posted by michelleoc View Post
    Annaquilts - the bunnies were part of the McCall's pattern. I saw it and I just had to make it. Both my DH and DS think that the bunnies look weird. When I want their opinion I'll give it to them!
    Haha! Well I really like the bunnies. I think my little ones would like them too.
    Last edited by Annaquilts; 09-07-2013 at 05:34 AM.
    Anna Quilts

Smile

[QUOTE=Emma S;6276869]I'm getting closer to finishing the string quilt that is taking forever. The name is Atlantis for the Lost Continent, its a king size.......

...These wrecks are now being called utility quilts. They didn't start out that way, but I'm not proud of them. [QUOTE]

LOL A quilt named after a continent would take forever. Right? I bet it is gorgeous.

As for the utility quilts, I find those are the most used and loved quilts always. They'll be great.

Can't wait to see them all, Atlantis and utility quilts.
    Last edited by Annaquilts; 09-07-2013 at 05:33 AM.
    Anna Quilts

Page 109 of 141 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 108 109 110 119 ... LastLast