Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 121 of 141 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 120 121 122 131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1403

Thread: 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

carriem - what a sweet surprise that is!

michelleoc - great finishes! I've always wanted to try prairie points too... good idea to start small! I like the dramatic colors in your big quilt too.

Scrappy Snowball is in the DONE! column... I really had fun quilting this one. I've been wanting to experiment with the serpentine stitch on my Juki F600 so gave it a try in the outer border. I'll definitely be using it again! This quilt is from the book "Quilts from the Heart" by Karin Renaud and it will be donated to Project Linus.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Asimplelife: I am not stalking you, just in case you were worried. Love your snowball quilt. I would never have thought to put that beautiful stripe in the binding and the boarder but it is perfect for setting off the rest of the quilt, makes me really want to try one. Maybe using scrappy with fussy cut for the snowballs. Is the serpentine stitch a built in stitch on your machine?

Blog Entries
    Oh that is adorable. Nice work!
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    asimplelife--I like using the serpentine stitch as well but usually use a narrower st width to use in place of SITD. I really like how you repeat it in your border. Will have to try it this way too.
    Emma S--This is a common stitch on most newer machines--may also be called a 3 stitch zigzag.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Emma S - No worries! Lol That border was a learning experience for me and I just love it... the pattern called for the background fabric which I no longer had so when I was looking through my stash for another white on white that stripe caught my eye. Then the stripe led to the pink pin dot which I would never considered for the outer border but it just all worked! I have a stripes section in my stash that I started buying for binding - but I loved the stripes as sashing in my ABC Charm Quilt and now again here as the inner border. Guess I'll start looking at stripes a bit more!

oksewglad - Yes this is a built in stitch on my new Juki. I'm thinking about doing all vertical serpentine on one of my next projects now (athough not as dense as I did on this border)... I really like the texture. Great idea to flatten it out for SITD!

Blog Entries
    Eeeeek asimplelife! Love it.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

asimple life. What great finishes. The colors you used are gorgeous. And I really love how you repeated the stripes in the binding on the snowball quilt. I have a couple of finishes for this month. Yay! Now the pressure is off in case I don't get anything else done...ha!Name:  DELL Venue Pro_000010.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  896.9 KBThis is a Halloween Cats quilt that I did as a BOM from Marjory A. Peck (2010) peckspieces.blogspot.com. Name:  DELL Venue Pro_000012.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  927.8 KBThis is Block by Block, from the Big Blocks Quick Quilts book by Suzanne McNeill.Name:  DELL Venue Pro_000015.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  893.4 KBThis is Twirling Thyme. Unfortunately, I gave the pattern away without writing down who created it. Sorry about that!

Always fun to catch up and see what great new projects there are posted.

Michelle: Absolutely love your Halloween quilt. I especially appreciate it because I am trying my hand at applique and I know how much skill it takes. The Marjory's website is outstanding. Thank you for the link.

Page 121 of 141 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 120 121 122 131 ... LastLast