Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 124 of 141 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 123 124 125 134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1405

Thread: 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

Blog Entries
    I know how you feel Fraew. But it sure feels good getting it done no matter how long it has taken. And to top it off it such a pretty looking quilt--a simple design that looks great.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Fraew: Lovely quilt worth the wait! Know how you feel I was completing a UFO per month until May, May's quilt took me until the end of Sept. Yeap, took me five months. October's looks on schedule to be completed by the end of the month. What are you going to be working on now, another UFO?

I'm not counting, Fraew.....it's a beauty..... just love it.

I'm one that can't seem to get one a month done. There are too many interruptions and too many people wanting me to do this or that..... but getting them done does feel great. And now mine is packed away to move back down to the winter house.... so, maybe next week I'll be able to get back at it.
    --- Jean

I'd rather spend money on my quilting hobby than the therapist.... I'm probably $$$ ahead.... and I'm happy!!

This is from Boom 5 blocks...it became a Comfort Quilt for a church member. It is my October finish....I may have another UFO done this month because I am spending this weekend at my son's lake house. If I don't get busy cooking and cleaning for him! he is single and lives alone...and some habits are hard to break! Like doing "Mom" things!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Missgiggle: Nice job and a lovely way to send comfort to a friend. Sounds like a nice weekend, have fun.

Ok, my husband is out of town until Sunday evening and I am stuck in the house with a 2 year old and a 5 month old. And my sewing machine. Here they are!

UFO started in January- finally finished and delivered: Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 147
Size:  241.8 KB

Pieced a custom order:Name:  2013-10-18_20.10.58.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  511.8 KB
    Pieced my quilt (fabric has been sitting for a while now): Name:  2013-10-19_11.12.01.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  847.3 KB
    Began a Star Trek quilt for a wedding gift: Name:  2013-10-19_13.50.53.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  910.9 KB

And made my 2 year old a Star Trek Dress for the wedding: Name:  2013-10-16_11.02.12.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  607.9 KB

That's it so far! The big one was the first one with the photos, but I am glad progress is happening!

That's good progress for anyone. With a 2 old and 5 yr old present it ranks right up there with amazing. By the way, way to make trekkie fabric look classy for the wedding.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Thanks Foxflower! The bride and groom are BIG trekkies (she even has a Star Trek engagement ring) so I thought the quilt and the dress would be perfect!

Fraew---very pretty quilt!

Missqigglewings--nice job with the sampler blocks

Narniaquilter--you've made good progress this month. I like the photo quilt.

I had a retreat this weekend and finished my quilt for the month...started by DS when he was 10. Someone at the retreat will be sending me the picture. It's pretty big so I had help holding it up.
    Last edited by carriem; 10-20-2013 at 04:35 PM.

Blog Entries
    Yay team! Getting things done.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Page 124 of 141 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 123 124 125 134 ... LastLast