Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 16 of 141 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 66 116 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

That is very pretty Fraew. Great job!
    Anna Quilts

It's lovely! Well done you
    Lang may yer lum reek.

A little tinkle please. The bag on the left is one I did when I was just learning to quilt a couple of years ago and is my first attempt at FMQ.
    The one on the right, showing the other side of the bag, is one I finished for DD yesterday (bought the panel just after I did the first one ). Patience is a virtue, right?

Name:  IMG_0477.JPG
Views: 269
Size:  1.29 MB
    Last edited by Knitette; 01-18-2013 at 06:46 AM.
    Lang may yer lum reek.

Blog Entries
    @Knitette: tinkle tinkle, ring ring and ding dong!
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Gorgeous bags!!
    Ringing those bells!!
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Ditto....gorgeous bags! I think your quilting looks great. You deserve more than a little tinkle. http://soundbible.com/1746-Ship-Bell.html Wish I could figure out how to put in a wav file so no link is necessary.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Ufo #3 & #4!

Which brings my UFO Collection down to 74 from 94 as of 10/1/2012! Gotta keep on quilting...

The pattern for Shabby Heart is called "Heather's Lacy Heart" from the book "Quick & Easy Romantic Quilts". It measures 53" by 57" and is made from Robyn Pandolph fabrics except for the heart/binding fabric which is from Blackbird Designs. I started this quilt in 2007 and it was professionally quilted by Nancy Clayburn of Quilting by Design last month.

Sports Kid was pieced in 2008 using the free Warm Wishes pattern from Quiltmaker.com. It will be donated to Project Linus.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I love those bags Knitette! Stunning. I hope my 1st attempts at FMQ look half that good!

@ asimplelife - gorgeous quilts. Love the colours in your heart quilt. You are joking about having 74 UFOs aren't you?
    Lang may yer lum reek.

Quote Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
    @ asimplelife - gorgeous quilts. Love the colours in your heart quilt. You are joking about having 74 UFOs aren't you?
    Nope, but I wish I was! lol

I used to be so intimidated by sandwiching, quilting and binding so I just kept doing what I loved - piecing! In the fall of 2009 I fell and badly broke my right leg and during my recovery I totally lost my crafty mojo... it wasn't until this fall that I turned on my machine. Crazy huh?

Now I'm determined to turn things around and my goal is to finish a UFO a week in 2014. And learn how to FMQ (I've learned to really enjoy walking foot quilting).

The good news is I have plenty of projects to write about! And I hang out in this thread.

Page 16 of 141 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 66 116 ... LastLast