Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 104 105
Results 1,041 to 1,044 of 1044

Thread: ART Quilt Challenges Monthly

Oh, I need more challenges in my life. Independence day was yesterday. My last daughter graduated from high school. But is it independence day for me or her or both. I'm anxious to see what I can come up with. The wheels are already spinning. I just started trying to learn how to do fused quilts with wonder under. But I don't get how you don't have to stitch around the entire snippit of fabric. I guess I'll learn as I experiment with this.

you asked for a suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Kehoeta View Post
    Asked by a friend to make a green monotone wall hanging... struggling getting depth into the piece.. any thoughts on how to alter this???

I love the trees, bushes and stream just the way they are. I can see why you are struggling.. the trees are right behind the bushes up front and then this background just appears....

I cant figure out what the green is in the background, hill? mountain? that throws me off.

The tall trees are right in front of it. Id say shorten the mountain considerably so it looks like it is way in the distance and add some horizon, maybe a meadow (hill and dale) between it and the tree.

Im thinking more like in this photo http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...ectedIndex=111

Look at just the right half of this picture, then substitute your stream and bushes for the grass and fence in the front of it.

Just my 2 cents.

Blog Entries
    I would really like to see this thread continued. I have just finished 2,read it 2 ,quilts that I have worked on diligently.One is needleturn applique:Fiesta by Sindy Rodenmayer/black background with bright primary colors for the pattern.the next on is hand embroidered(cross stitch) and hand quilted,yes I do that also.It is enbroidered flowers.I started it in Jan.of this year and finished it including the binding last Friday,June 6.2014. Now I am going to read some books for a while. That in my next favorite thing to do. Will post pics as soon as I find some one that knows how to show me .lol Then I am going to do another scenic quilt. Have the fabric picked out . Please guys and gals keep on posting.
    Landscape quilts and needle turn applique favs.Antlers,Ok

Is this still going on monthly? Any one still creating - I would like to try fabric painting but haven't gotten the nerve up to try it or enough knowledge about where to start.
    Shirley
    www.forget-me-notcreations.com
    May you always have love to share
    Health to spare &
    Friends who care.

Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 104 105