Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 44 of 105 FirstFirst ... 34 43 44 45 54 94 ... LastLast

Thread: ART Quilt Challenges Monthly

Beloved memory: The seasons change and there is a certain smell in the air. I am on The Hill at Syracuse U. It is very beautiful and there will be football tomorrow. Go Orange! I am 19 or 20. My first art project was a monochromatic collage. The prof is awesome. I chose orange.
    Dotty in NYC

dotcom I love your memory! Hope you make it up into a gorgeous piece if art for us to appreciate.
    Suzie
    Author; I Don't Know Where I Want to Be -But it Isn't Here!

Blog Entries
    you might have seen my husband there! you are , i think, younger. he was in the college of forestry. what else for a brooklyn boy? he graduated in '72 and then went for his masters. not in art classes, but he is quite creative.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Just found this group. Love the concept and hope that it is still going strong. Can't wait to work on October's challenge of a good memory, starting tomorrow. See you soon with a WIP

Julie

Quote Originally Posted by Julie1 View Post
    Just found this group. Love the concept and hope that it is still going strong. Can't wait to work on October's challenge of a good memory, starting tomorrow. See you soon with a WIP
    Welcome Julie! So happy you found us. We are small but friendly and lively here. You'll get some good ideas from what we all variously attempt to achieve I hope.

Looking forward to your memory idea and a WIP--we all seem to love photos and lots of explanations of what did and didn't work for you.
    Suzie

hi all,

As you know I am working on a piece to commemorate our burnt house and wouldn't you know it...it seems to have a mind of it's own! The the fabric I salvaged from the debris doesn't fit with what wants to go on the design wall!!! LOL

The idea is using the Tumbler pattern in a kalidescope of browns, oranges and blacks from light to dark for the fire. Since I am still happy with the direction it's heading I am just going to go with it and see where it leads. Maybe that other burnt piece of fabric is for another work later............ It's been known to happen.

What are you guys up to and how is it going?
    Suzie

I have decided to work on a piece to remember my many horse back rides. Yesterday, I even drew a horse head. Don't know what I'm going to do with it, but I have started.

julie

I'm going to do one about my memories of my grandmother.

Blog Entries
    julie--your comment brought me to an abrupt halt! i spent hours everyday drawing horse heads, and bodies and fields around the horses. lol! my life revolved around horses!! i would have given up either sister for a horse! i never did get a horse, well actually, there are several horses i've been given, but i've never had them! drawing horses was my start into art! i wonder if i could draw a horse today?
    i went to one of my favorite lqs today. they had a 6 foot long arm set up! super cool and just the right size for my lr, which is about to become another part of my quilting room. i won't be getting the la any time soon. it's just under 9 thousand since it's custom made. sounds like another 'horse' to me! i can dream!!
    Last edited by nancia; 10-09-2012 at 06:55 PM.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries
    What an interesting group and idea. A memory project....

If I think of the older women in my life who are no more, I think of one grandmother who talk me to work with wool (I have not done so for 30 years), a great aunt taught me to bake wonderful birthday cakes and granny gave up on trying to teach me to knit, but willingly made me beautiful sweaters.

I think I can do something, but I will not be finished in this month.
    Proud Parent of one Dwight Canada Student, my son graduated this year and is on his way to UVic.

http://dwightcanada.org/

Page 44 of 105 FirstFirst ... 34 43 44 45 54 94 ... LastLast