Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 61 of 105 FirstFirst ... 11 51 60 61 62 71 ... LastLast

Thread: ART Quilt Challenges Monthly

Ok, I have an idea. Not serious, more light and fun. For my BFF, who just loves seeing my work.
    I am going to City Quilter today, so I will shop a bit!!
    Dotty in NYC

Been lurking. What I've done new this January: Rented a wall at an art gallery (Gallery Yosemite in Oakhurst, Ca) to sell my art quilts; started attending Yosemite Western Artists for networking; near completion on my first commission. Additionally, after taking 2 months off after shoulder surgery and the holidays, I'm back to teaching, the class was full with a waiting list- after trying for 4 years, I think I'm going to make it, one step at a time.

Thanks for this challenge & looking forward to February. My plan is to finish that commission tomorrow. Consider another art gallery I've been invited to join. Get the supply list for my next class to the store so they can advertise the class. Finish some LAQ. Get more advertising out there for LAQ & being in the gallery(s). Keep up the exercises for my arm (motivation: $ to me each time I do it and when I have enough $ saved I'll get a massage-I'm worth it!). Perseverence is starting to pay off.

Blog Entries

another fun mug rug

i have finished my mug rug for the mug rug swap and decided to show it here first. it is the closest thing to art i've done lately. i made 2 table runners, but don't consider them much of an artistic challenge-- some are, but these particular 2 are not. now, this is my cat-a-tonic friend, tiger. first, his sleeping head. 2nd- his rear , 3rd his tail and 4th his head. he sleeps on a pieced rug. i hope his new mom is happy with him.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Wow, really creative mug rug!
    Dotty in NYC

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Cat-a-tonic Tiger is adorable! I am sure his new owner will love him to pieces!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

It is Ground Hog's Day and cold but sunny in NYC. How about a 4 patch, a d4p, a 9patch, a d9patch, etc?
    In what she loves... chocolates!!
    Dotty in NYC

Just Finished January's Challenge

Well I have accomplished a lot this past month. Set up a new studio at home. My whole apartment is now the studio, from top to bottom. Everything is so tight that you have to put one task away before you can start another, but I do know where everything is in the house. Started dyeing my fabric an am enjoying this very much. To get back into it, I am taking a class on QuiltUniversity.com, learning a lot. A lot of ideas going around with the help of this class, I have enough to keep going for quit awhile. I finished an 18x22 quilt today as the culminating piece for January's challenge. It proves that I can work at home and keep it going.

jb

Name:  Quilt 2-1.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  65.4 KB

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Julie, I like your creations and the colors you blended together.

LOL, I can't imagine having to put one project away in order to work on another... chaos sparks sew much creativity for me... however, I admire those who are more disciplined. LOL

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Julie, really nice piece. What is the size?
    Dotty in NYC

It is 18" x 22" jb

Page 61 of 105 FirstFirst ... 11 51 60 61 62 71 ... LastLast