Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 65 of 105 FirstFirst ... 15 55 64 65 66 75 ... LastLast

Thread: ART Quilt Challenges Monthly

This is so beautiful. I love the words in the free motion quilting.

What is an embellisher? Something like a felting machine? I love the fancy cuff. I would wear that!
    Goldendog, lots of great ideas. I have not had a lot of success with angelina. More ideas to try. What's up for March??
    Dotty in NYC

scholarship

You guys are some of the first to know this: I just received word that I have received the Alegre Quilt Art Camp Scholarship for 2013! It is in Colorado in April for 5 days in a beautiful retreat center. I want to take the shibori dyeing and design class, that will help me in my work at Pike Place Market, but otherwise I'll take a class with Katie Pasaquini-Masopust. The other instructor is Joan Meyers-Newbury. Oh, I am so excited!!!!!!

Here's the link to the program: http://www.alegreretreat.com/alegre.html
    Last edited by goldendog55; 02-23-2013 at 11:15 AM. Reason: add more

Blog Entries
    yay!! goldendog, woo hoo! you are a star! when you get back you can do a shibori tute!! can't wait! soooooo happy for you, seeing green, but in a very nice shade!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Wow, Goldendog, you are a celebrity among us! Congratulations!!!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Quote Originally Posted by goldendog55 View Post
    I just received word that I have received the Alegre Quilt Art Camp Scholarship for 2013!
    Absolutely awesome! I am so delighted for you and look forward to the aftermath of what you share with all of us.
    Suzie
    Author; I Don't Know Where I Want to Be -But it Isn't Here!

Congratulations! What a lucky lady you are.

Blog Entries
    Judy, I love your piece. So many different techniques. I am going to a class for bobbin work in a couples of weeks and can hardly wait. I really, really, like to petals.

I missed QuiltCon,in Austin, Texas, because I heard about it after buying my ticket for Austin in May.
    Check it it online (equilter.com has a flicker I think). Here is a lot of what s happening in the modern art quilt world.
    Dotty in NYC

March Challenge

Marching, as a verb, calls to mind moving forward in a regular manner, usually in symmetrical lines. Hmm! sounds like a quilting session to me. (Sure enough March in the ancient calendar was often when wars were resumed as roads were again passable)

March as a month calls forth the idea of new beginnings and was/is the New Year in many a culture. The tender flowers that struggle through the snows splash the ground with yellows in the northern hemisphere promising warmth and summer.

So how about hauling out those yellows, whites and other colors you feel express hope for a future and create a regular 'marching' pattern of some kind?

Alternatively, there is the idea that many a creature, especially the hare, go bonkers as mating season has arrived and reasonable behaviour goes by the wayside. March is also associated with completely incomprehensible craziness.

SO how crazy a piece can you come up with? Boy does my imagination do some backflips on that idea............

Two opposite ends of the scale for you you attempt. Express the inner 'march/March' you are feeling this year with idea or theme,color,pattern,needle & thread.

And hey! Calling all those February pieces we haven't seen yet!
    Suzie
    Author; I Don't Know Where I Want to Be -But it Isn't Here!

Page 65 of 105 FirstFirst ... 15 55 64 65 66 75 ... LastLast