Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 73 of 132 FirstFirst ... 23 63 72 73 74 83 123 ... LastLast

Thread: International Patriotic Challenge

Blog Entries
    QuiltE Monty is simply adorable. Im sure he would rather I say handsome. What a fantastic job I will take a picture of the book for you tomorrow when I get my mind back together and am rested. DH and I went on a scouting trip to a town about two hours south east of where we live. We have decided to relocate locally instead of going back to Arizona or Texas which was our plan. If we are staying in Indiana we decided we had to move closer to better medical facilities. Our research for our needs put us looking in Lafayette Indiana. DH was thrilled we both fell in love with the town right away. We even stumbled upon the perfect house for us. So now we have to start filling out paperwork and such to see if we can get the house we want. In the wonderful neighborhood we happened upon on our scouting trip. I will check in again with everyone tomorrow after I have rested.
    Have an awesome day!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    I found Monty at the Canada Day festivities and eating Strawberry Shortcake with Whipped cream ... and dragged him back home by the scruff of his neck!

TaDaaaaaaaaaahhh!

Attachment 346134

Attachment 346135
    Oh he's darlin'! Ya did a great job on Monty!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Nice! Monty looks very regal! (love your flower basket too!)

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Thanks everyone!
    Monty appreciates all the attention you're giving him, too!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

ooo QuiltE - he's marvelous!!
    Liz / Calgary

Quote Originally Posted by works4me View Post
    My fellow Canadian QuiltE and I would like to issue a patriotic challenge. Since Canada Day and Independence Day fall so close to one another we thought it would be fun to issue a challenge to everyone to complete a quilt or other craft item in a patriotic theme. I have a Maple leaf quilt to do and QuiltE has a Mountie so we are all set.

Of course, if you do not live in North America, we dont want to leave you out. Wed love to see what you have for patriotic items on which to work and we can learn a little about your days of independence or incorporation or freedom.

Try something new, mug rugs, table runner, pot holders. Me, I'm trying corner triangles. Mine will be a car quilt for any car shows we do, either in Canada or in the US, on July 1.

Show us your country spirit. But do it before July 1, 2012. - That is Canada's 145th birthday. I know we are babies in the world. How old is your country?

This is my the very beginnings of my project. I have adapted the pattern to include a cross stitched maple leaf as the centre square.Attachment 328260

Kathy
    Your REDS are so beautiful!!
    One step at a time, always forward.

Oh such a great job QuiltE - Monty is wonderful!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I just wanted ya'll ta here my SIL sing so I posted this in General Chit Chat.
    This is my SonIL Singin' "The Man I Want to Be"
    I think I'll post this link in the PC also.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Muv
    QuiltE - Hooray hooray - he's wonderful! Putting him on sentry duty at the door is perfect. My daughter loves him. I didn't realise he was going to be able to hold a flag, such a perfect touch. I hope you are friends with him and your sewing machine again after all the trouble with the quilting.

Liz92B ... I'm sure he could be converted into a Stampede Cowboy!!! Getting ready for all the excitement?

JeanieG ... Thanks ... and good to see your WiFi is cooperating! What project(s) are you working on, while away?

Muv ... Much appreciated ... hhmmm? maybe convert him into one of your fuzzy-topped guys? Now that'd be fun! Not to worry, we're all friends and we really weren't breaching on enemy status during the troubles. When I did the hanging triangles I decided to quilt them for a little more substance ... used a regular thread and quilted right thru without problems. Granted they weren't huge. So will do something larger with a regular thread and see if that is all the difference that's needed. When? and What? I really don't know!
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Page 73 of 132 FirstFirst ... 23 63 72 73 74 83 123 ... LastLast