Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
International Patriotic Challenge >

International Patriotic Challenge

International Patriotic Challenge

Old 07-07-2012, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
W4Me and JenniKy ... W4Me, I think you have just found your sistah!
And now, just for the two of you!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0R_oDEvYUY
Got it to work. One of my all-time favourite songs, of course. I made a few Halloween CDs and listen from the beginning of October until mid January usually. Monster Mash generally gets cranked up and repeated a few times. Yup, I'm a Halloween freak, and proud of it.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:37 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by works4me View Post
Got it to work. One of my all-time favourite songs, of course. I made a few Halloween CDs and listen from the beginning of October until mid January usually. Monster Mash generally gets cranked up and repeated a few times. Yup, I'm a Halloween freak, and proud of it.
We aim to please!

Old 07-08-2012, 06:05 AM

Another patriotic project. A set of two coloured tumblers with maple leaves. One is positive and the other is negative etched. I will probably turn this into a set of 4. Etching is all I seem to be able to make time for right now, mostly because I have three 2-day shows this month so I have no choice. May as well do a few patriotic ones and keep adding to this thread.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]347447[/ATTACH]
OK, quick breakfast and then off to day 2 of the rose show. I'm hoping to actually see a bit of the show today as I hear it is spectacular. My table is at the front door opposite admission so I can't really escape for even a few minutes. I'm planning to check out the show before it opens.
Attached Thumbnails pict0045.jpg  
Old 07-08-2012, 06:20 AM
Power Poster

Nicely done W4Me ... I'm not sure which I prefer, the positive or negative? Both are lovely and if you have any visitors to Canada, they should be a hit.

I'm hoping your enthusiasm towards needing to do etching tells me that you had good sales yesterday.
Here's to an even better day today!!!
Old 07-08-2012, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
Yayaquilts... I love your patriotic twister and your table runner. So what's your next plan of attack on the corners of the twister in thoughts yet?
Yes. I'm thinking of putting the centers of the twists into the corner, surrounded by the plain off-white background fabric-either pieced or appliqued. Now that the 4th is behind us I have time to finish it easily by next year. We will be gone over Labor Day as well, so no rush!
Old 07-08-2012, 08:50 AM

I also have another Red, WHite and Blue project in mind. It's actually already cut out and blocks partially made!

I'm making a scrappy star quilt (a gift for a friend, as her "beach" house colors are navy, red and white). As it turns out, I originally was making 12 blocks for the lap quilt. Then as I was laying out the blocks (which are 15" finished) I realized it was going to be way too big! (Funny how in your mind thinks things aren't as large as when you lay the pieces out on a design wall !!!) Now I have enough pieces to make a second scrappy star quilt. (I'm using the "Buckeye Beauty" pattern in Eleanor Burns' book, Quilts Through The Seasons.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:58 AM
Power Poster

YaYa ... Oh please do show us!
Old 07-08-2012, 09:04 AM

Oh, ok......here it is with 2 first borders pinned on. I love how it is turning out!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]347479[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails donna-stars.jpg  
Old 07-08-2012, 09:09 AM
Power Poster

I never cared for white, but the more I see it in quilts like yours, I am getting a fond appreciation for it! It makes yours look so fresh and crisp ... and yet at the same time peaceful and relaxing.

Soooooooo ..... are you going to finish it off now?

And as I look at this, I can see with a little planning on the colour placement, how it could come together as a lovely Irish Chain and Star pattern!!! Thanks for another idea .... not that I need more!

Last edited by QuiltE; 07-08-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:18 AM

Yes, I will be finishing it soon. I need to have it finished by August 25th!!

The only thing I don't like about the white is the fact that the white spaces are kind of large so I will have to do a bit more quilting in them. I only FMQ on my domestic machine, and I haven't done feathers or such before-maybe a simple star in those white squares will work--I hope!!!