Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Picnic BOW sew-along - 11 weeks beginning June 21 - Free

Summer Picnic BOW sew-along - 11 weeks beginning June 21 - Free

Several board members are doing the Summer Picnic free BOW sew along. This is a place where we can discuss each week's block and post our pics to encourage each other as we make this sampler.

This is the first week and the free block patterns will be released every Wednesday. They are only free for a week, so be sure to go and get your patterns on Wednesdays each week.

This is a great sampler of 10" blocks, to use up your Civil War fabric stash.

An email list is available to have a reminder each week to download the new block, but you don't have to sign up in order to go to the site and download the block pattern each week.

http://www.piecingthepastquilts.com/...mmer-sew-along
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

Thank You for starting this thread. I haven't gotten to my first block yet. Hope a lot of people post pictures throughout this project. Happy Sewing ya all.Mary
    Mary

I've been signed up since Debbie posted this new BOW sampler. I have received the directions for the first block but haven't decided on my fabric yet. As long as I have one BOW using civil war fabric, I may go in another direction on these blocks.

Jan

Blog Entries
    I signed up today when I saw this thread.....but I have no way to get the first block free, I have to wait 1 week then pay 99 cents, then I will be on schedule. Thanks for the thread or I would have missed it completely.....

Jane, email Debbie and she will email it to you. She is wonderful like that. When you sign up late, she will provide you what you missed.

I am going to work on my first block this weekend. I have to pick my fabrics.
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

I did get my first block made this morning. This is a simple one. I believe it gets a little more trying as we go along. I think that's a good thing myself, as I learn that way. It is really a rusty darker red and a darker blue. The picture came out light and bright.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Name:  20170622_084252_resized.jpg
Views: 1118
Size:  413.9 KBI'm doing both of Debbie's block of the week. My skills are improving, my stash, however, is still growing. How's that happening?? Will finish my setting blocks today I hope.

Marcia

Marcia, very pretty and I love the nine patch blocks with it. I'm also doing both bow's. I need to get started with my nine patches.
    Mary

Very nice blocks. Going to get going on mine this weekend.

Super Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    I may have to join in printed off this week's blocks but a lot going on so may have to just print and save them for later. Who knows depends on how the next couple of weeks go.
    ​Christine

Blog Entries
    Thanks for posting this; I signed up and she did send the first block right away when I emailed her. I am looking forward to working on this.

Blog Entries
    Just finished all 13 of the 9 patch. Seems like it took forever. They came out somewhat small. Guess I didn't hold my mouth just right. Now back to En Provence to try to finish it before the next block comes out.

I finished my blocks for the week. Only using these three colors as the finished project is for my mom.
    Attached Images Attached Images

hav4boys That's gonna be so pretty. Purple is my favorite color.
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
    Jane, email Debbie and she will email it to you. She is wonderful like that. When you sign up late, she will provide you what you missed.

I am going to work on my first block this weekend. I have to pick my fabrics.
    Still no answer from debbie.......tell me the size of the finished block #1 and I can make it from the picture, then i'll be ready for block #2.....thanks Jane Quilter

Jane... 9.5 inch finished block.

I think you mean 9.5 unfinished. It is the size quoted on the pattern. That being said, the term finished usually refers to the size of the block after it is sewn into the quilt. The block is a 9 patch finishing at 9 inches.
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

Quote Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
    I think you mean 9.5 unfinished. It is the size quoted on the pattern. That being said, the term finished usually refers to the size of the block after it is sewn into the quilt. The block is a 9 patch finishing at 9 inches.
    You are right!

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I got the 2 blocks done and I'm working on all those little nine patches. They take a little time for sure.

Blog Entries
    Debbie has me on schedule sending each block on a wed......yeah. But I am busy making my birthday birdie quilt. My summer picnic fabric is selected and I will catch up hopefully by the end of the month. so I will lurk until i sew.....Jane Quilter

I plan to start this after 4th of July QOV sewing. I plan to do it in RWB fabric. I'm unsure if I will give to QOV or family member. I'll post pic after I get blocks sewn.

I like all blocks so far.

Hav4boys, I like your choice of fabrics.

Happy and safe 4th of July everyone!!!

Blog Entries
    Have4boys....I just love your purple. Looking so good.

Thank you! I thought I was going crazy.
    Anna Quilts

Quote Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
    Yes this! But I got it.
    Anna Quilts

OK I just signed up but need to back peddle as I missed some blocks.
    Anna Quilts

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast