Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

QuilterMomma 10-21-2013 08:28 AM

Yes mom-6 that is the name of the game. taking a bite as we go on the ufo trip.

You must finish your UFOs, I won ribbons on my faux drunkard path that I finished late last year, and my applique quilt won as well. Felt good to see the UFOs winning. Makes it worth while.

Jacki 10-26-2013 06:21 AM

Hi everyone. I thought I would be banned from the gang for failing to get beyond May! It looks like you are all far more forgiving than I had hoped for so I'll dig out another batch of UFOs. Life has a habit of interfering with my sewing. J

wildyard 10-26-2013 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Jacki (Post 6369307)
Hi everyone. I thought I would be banned from the gang for failing to get beyond May! It looks like you are all far more forgiving than I had hoped for so I'll dig out another batch of UFOs. Life has a habit of interfering with my sewing. J

LOL, we would be a very small group indeed if we were not willing to accept the way life insists on getting in the way of our UFO progress. Every one of us run into those challenges and we are here to help one another when it's time to take that deep breath, pick up where we left off and plunge back in. Hugggggggs and smilessssss.............

carriem 10-26-2013 01:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is my son's quilt...not the "good" picture, still haven't had that one emailed to me, but one I took with the room I have...so only one side border. I also included a close up of one of the blocks. His curtains are the brown moose fabric.

Oh and this quilt is queen size...doesn't look that big in the picture.

wildyard 10-26-2013 03:54 PM

carriem, I loveeeee your hiking boot fabric!! Your quilt is great!

J.M. 10-27-2013 04:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
2 years and 10 months after starting this top, it's finally finished! May I present my Blue Irish Chain quilt top.

Picture quality is not the best due to resizing the picture for this post, my apologies for that.

carriem 10-27-2013 05:44 AM

Great job!!! Doesn't it feel good?!

nanna-up-north 10-27-2013 05:59 AM

Congrats on all the great finishes.

miss gigglewings- I just love sample blocks... I only have a few but if I had more I'd make a quilt exactly like yours. It looks so inviting.... your friend is going to love it.

Narnianquilter- You sure have been busy. WoW! I need to make a quilt for my greatnephew with photos and haven't decided what to do. Yours gives me ideas. Thanks. Getting that much done with 2 little ones is pretty awesome. I don't think I could have been that productive when I was your age.... so long ago. Good job!

Carriem- Love your son's quilt--- exactly what my older son would love.

JM- A blue and white Irish chain is perfect..... I have wanted to do one, only in red or brown, but just have other stuff that gets in the way. Lovely.

and Jacki- I sure understand what you mean when you say you feel guilty not getting as many UFOs done. I can relate. I've had this kimono quilt so close to finished but 1st we had company, then the move back downstate for the winter, then getting things unloaded and put away..... now I'm working on it again. But the days on the calendar keep moving along...... arghh!!

Back to sewing.....

oksewglad 10-27-2013 08:01 AM

Carrie--hope that son of yours doesn't take your/his quilt out to the woods and use it as camouflage! He probably knows better but I can imagine my youngest thinking it would be a warm place to huddle under.
J.M.--Irish chain such a simple design but creates such a lovely quilt. Very pretty.

Fraew 10-27-2013 09:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Another "done", just in time for Halloween!