Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

asimplelife 01-18-2013 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Fraew (Post 5793009)
The pattern is Star Flower Wreath by Chickadee Charms Design Company. I started this UFO in 1997 and finished piecing it last spring...when I took credit for finishing it (shhhh, don't tell anyone). Charisma did the amazing quilting and I sewed the last stitch of the binding on yesterday.

It's beautiful! Way to go Fraew!

Fraew 01-18-2013 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by asimplelife (Post 5795478)
It's beautiful! Way to go Fraew!

Thank you and keep it up with those finishes. :)

QuilterMomma 01-18-2013 02:14 PM

"Which brings my UFO Collection down to 74 from 94 as of 10/1/2012! Gotta keep on quilting..." asimplelife

Oh how I can relate to this one. I am so glad someone else has themselves the same issue I HAD! I am in the back here cheering you on girl. YOU CAN DO IT! Keep up the good work and ringing the bell on those last finishes. You go girl! GO GO GO!!!!!

carriem 01-18-2013 02:43 PM

More great finishes this week!

I am on track to finish quilting my "Rosie" quilt this month. I did finish some swap blocks and also retreat gift so far in January.

kristakz 01-18-2013 04:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Done! I made this top 3 years ago, for my son. Then it sat, and sat. I put it on my "UFO list" in both 2011 and 2012, and found an excuse each time it came up, to avoid it. I didn't want to mess it up, and couldn't bear the though of stuffing it through my regular machine.

When I got a long arm last July I decided it was time to do it - but of course I needed to get better at my skills first, because I do love this quilt (that was November's excuse, when this quilt came up for the UFO challenge). Finally, this month I said Enough! I made myself load it on the long arm before anything else, so that I had to finish it. And here it is! I lost a fight with my rotary cutter in the process, but my finger is healing and the quilt is complete and now resides on my son's bed. A whole year before he goes away to school :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]388994[/ATTACH]

And a closeup of some of my quilting. I did stitch in the ditch around the stars, after this picture was taken.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]388998[/ATTACH]

asimplelife 01-18-2013 05:04 PM

Krista that is GORGEOUS! Wow! I love that pattern, it has almost an optical illusion effect with the black triangles doesn't it? Your quilting is beautiful too!

And thank you for the encouragement QuilterMomma! Each UFO off the list makes me smile and brightens my day...

gramajo 01-18-2013 05:18 PM

Krista, ring, ring. That quilt is beautiful. :thumbup: Aren't you glad you finished it?

Fraew 01-18-2013 05:20 PM

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Krista!

wildyard 01-18-2013 06:02 PM

Wow Krista, that awesome quilt soooooo needed and deserved to be finished. Well done!!!!!!

wildyard 01-18-2013 06:05 PM

I have decided to count writing the pattern for my Focus Point quilt as one of my UFOs. I have been putting it off since last fall. This will be my first time actually writing a pattern since I crapped out on writting the last pattern I designed that people wanted.