Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   ART Quilt Challenges Monthly (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/art-quilt-challenges-monthly-t189772.html)

Linny 06-24-2012 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams (Post 5314212)
Linny, I love the colors. I have never tried the alcohol spray but it is wonderful looking in your little quilt. You sure captured the sunset. I have tons of gorgeous sunsets photos taken at our place. Gotta get off the computer and jump into this stuff.

Can't wait to see what new things you come up with.......do we have to wait very long?

Linny 06-24-2012 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 5314249)
What a wonderful sunset, Linny! I'm so hesitant to try new techniques; great job.

I was a little hesitant to try new techniques too......just jump right in and use your creative imagination.

Linny 06-24-2012 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok (Post 5314139)

I checked them out and I'm going to get one of my own started tomorrow.....they're so cute and the possibilities are endless. Thanks.

nancia 06-24-2012 08:03 PM

wish i'd known about the alliance before june 1st. there's always next year! what wonderful, imaginative little quilts!

suziehammond 06-25-2012 12:02 PM

[QUOTE=jaciqltznok;5314139]check out these beauties!

Loved looking at the alliance Q's. Gave me some possible ideas for 'cool and refreshing' theme plus a house element and a way to contibute as well. ahh what fun>

suziehammond 06-25-2012 12:06 PM

Linney, loved that gorgeous goodie you posted. That is such an effective piece you made Bet it will do well for aaqi.

I tried that technique down here and my sharpie markers refused to run...must be something wrong with my alcohol. (No I did not give up and drink it....) I am inspired to get up there and give it another shot tho. LOL

nancia 06-25-2012 12:17 PM

suzie-- i doubt the usps would allow us to ship some rubbing alcohol to you, so guess you will have to make the trip!:thumbup: where are you from originally?

nancia 06-25-2012 12:24 PM

linny-- did it specify what kind of sharpies to use? i have some fabric stain ones i think i'd like to try it with.

jacqui-- do you know the theme for 2013? since it's closed for 2012, except for the buying part, i'd like to get started for 2013. i didn't find it on the website, but that's not uncommon for me.

sewextreme-- i know what you mean about the computer. mine went down for 2 days and i got a tremendous amount of sewing done!!

Linny 06-25-2012 05:17 PM

[QUOTE=suziehammond;5316102]

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok (Post 5314139)
check out these beauties!

Loved looking at the alliance Q's. Gave me some possible ideas for 'cool and refreshing' theme plus a house element and a way to contibute as well. ahh what fun>

The possibilities for the little houses are endless....have a couple in the planning stages that I'll likely gift to someone or maybe keep one. I'll be waiting and watching to see your next little beauty......love the wine bottle and glass.

Linny 06-25-2012 05:27 PM

I use Sharpie Permanent Markers........24 to a pack so there are lots of colors to work with. It doesn't take much to create the watercolor effect....you just have to practice to get the effect you want. Any strength alcohol will do...mine is 91% but doesn't have to be. have fun!