Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   ART Quilt Challenges Monthly (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/art-quilt-challenges-monthly-t189772.html)

nancia 10-01-2013 01:37 PM

I love the day of the dead! We celebrated on dallas many years. Since I am now an orphan, i hope to do a piece primarily honoring my parents. They did the best they could with what they made!

meanwhile, I am totally distracted by my apparently missing ancient cat! I think he is now deaf, so that puts him at great peril and disadvantage. Unfortunately, he has not given up his car keys to be confined to the house. Our entire second floor has been a cat sanctuary, but simon resists staying there. Soooo, I will either find him, or resolve to include him in my work this month. I am still working on the ice cube tray challenge. Yes, dotty, i need you to extend it, please.

dotcomdtcm 10-01-2013 01:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Last year DD & I made felt & fabric calaveras in a garland for a party.
Along came Sandy and washed everything out.

dotcomdtcm 10-01-2013 01:44 PM

4 Attachment(s)
This would be a great family project!

goldendog55 10-01-2013 03:20 PM

PaintStiks project

1 Attachment(s)
This is a project I just finished for a publishing company on a new fiber. I will be sewing it into a project. I used PaintStiks with a rubbing plate. I wish I had not added brown, and I tried adding yellow to tone it down and now, it looks like a greenish color. Do you think I should try doing it again on the other side? I do, but my sister says it is fine. I'd love your opinions!

goldendog55 10-01-2013 03:21 PM

I really think I will redo it after looking at the picture!

goldendog55 10-01-2013 04:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I made sure the back wouldn't bleed through and I re-painted the other side. I am much happier now!

amelia0607 10-01-2013 08:07 PM

I liked it with the brown and my initial thought was to say leave it but now I see it without the brown - much better!!

nancia 10-01-2013 08:34 PM

The brown creates an edginess, not so Easter bunny. Both are valid, what are you going for?

suziehammond 10-02-2013 05:45 AM

[QUOTE=nancia;6324870]I love the day of the dead! We celebrated on dallas many years. Since I am now an orphan, i hope to do a piece primarily honoring my parents. They did the best they could with what they made!

meanwhile, I am totally distracted by my apparently missing ancient cat! I think he is now deaf
--------------------------------------------------------------

Simon is the one who says at your house then? (Sorry had to get that out of my system) Hope he turns up without many battle scars.

Can't wait to see what you do with this theme. I have 6 other things to do but am now all excited about dabbling in this one. :) I am so easily distracted

suziehammond 10-02-2013 05:50 AM

" Do you think I should try doing it again on the other side? I do, but my sister says it is fine. I'd love your opinions!"

I liked the edginess of the brown but thought that perhaps another color sort of midway might make the whole a bit more cohesive. A light grey over top of one of the other perhaps?

The color palette on the second one seems sort of without 'ping' (Is that an art Q term? lol) But it also depends very much on if it is being used as a background or....?

Love the patterning. Makes me want to get to work..........