Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   ART Quilt Challenges Monthly (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/art-quilt-challenges-monthly-t189772.html)

phusker5 09-17-2012 07:48 PM

are you still doing this monthly if so what are the themes for the next couple of months? Are there pictures?

nancia 09-19-2012 04:57 PM

i can answer the first part: yes, we're doing this monthly. but as for the second part, you'll have to ask suzie!
we're kind of loosly strung, but we have a very good time!
so nice to have met dottie! and we had a good time critiquing everyone's work, lol, in the nicest sort of way, of course!

suziehammond 09-19-2012 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm (Post 5517277)
You want a photo of the thread holder? It's really neat. You could make your own!

Yes pleeeze!

suziehammond 09-19-2012 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by phusker5 (Post 5522537)
are you still doing this monthly if so what are the themes for the next couple of months? Are there pictures?

As nancia said we are monthly.

Each theme is brought out the first of the month.

The challenge is to work with some aspect of artsy quilts that will challenge you to push yourself to a new place. Then we love it when projects are shared. We can all learn from and be inspired by each other...........

This month the theme is to play with 'Gold'
Please join us and play with some new idea every month.

dotcomdtcm 09-20-2012 12:40 PM

The Original Spool Swing

1 Attachment(s)
I love this handy necklace. Now I don't have to look under the bed when the thread rolls off.
[email protected]

nancia 09-20-2012 09:55 PM

man, am i the only one hitting the side of my head, going "wish i'd thought of that!!"? such a simple and absolutely brilliant idea! i wonder, do they have it in gold?

ghostrider 09-21-2012 05:19 AM

So, what's the advantage of wearing a spool of thread around your neck? You still have to cut and knot the thread you're using...meaning it doesn't work like a spindle on a sewing machine...so does it do anything besides keep you from 'misplacing' your thread spool between reloading your needle? Just curious. :o

dotcomdtcm 09-21-2012 05:40 AM

It's for hand sewing, on the couch, at a quilting bee meeting. Any hand sewing project!!

ghostrider 09-21-2012 07:56 AM

Yeah, I got that part of it. I hand sew a lot of things, but still cut the thread off the spool before I start stitching. Guess I'm just dense. :(

suziehammond 09-24-2012 04:27 AM

Howdy one and all,

I am back from a long trip to the US where I got to buy some new fabric and a few news toys from Martelli. They are my favorite cutters and rulers.

So now that I have had some sleep and washed some clothes..... to work in earnest......bling here I come!

What are you guys working on?