Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Build a quilt around a central character you design (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/build-quilt-around-central-character-you-design-t194381.html)

works4me 10-04-2012 06:00 AM

Welcome back vickig626. So good that you have formulated a plan. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Franky is turning out differently than designed as well. I have decided not to do the 4 paper-pieced characters around the outer border as Franky will be overwhelmed. I've also decided that Franky has become too much fun to use my horror movie fabric for a backing. I already have a plan for that fabric, though.

Thanks for the compliments about Franky. I'm enjoying working on my home made monster. :)

works4me 10-15-2012 05:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Franky is surrounded. Still need to add the burgundy around the edges and then a wider border and then ???
[ATTACH=CONFIG]369949[/ATTACH]

QuiltE 10-15-2012 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by works4me (Post 5586915)
Franky is surrounded. Still need to add the burgundy around the edges and then a wider border and then ???

........and then ........... Franky is ready for Halloween 2012!!!

You're going nto have so much fun embellishing him ... and that could be an ongoing project as you find the things you want!

Well Done!!!! :)

works4me 10-15-2012 09:52 AM

Thank you. Yes, the embellishing will be fun. I have really creepy yet fun eye beads for him as well as oodles of spider buttons and lots of other Halloween buttons I can add.

Franky will not be completed for Halloween 2012 but should be done by the end of the year. Things are just too intense later this month and all of November. I have no idea what possessed me to schedule craft fairs for every weekend in November, and two-day ones at that!!!

A lot of ideas are going through my head for finishing Franky, both top and backing.

How are everyone else's projects coming along?

QuiltE 10-15-2012 11:05 AM

Oh but the important part is that Franky is in one piece for Halloween! :)
The rest will follow when you are able ... He'll be happy to wait for you!!

Quiltaddiction 10-15-2012 09:21 PM

I have found some great star fabric at my LQS today for putting into this quilt still working on Mr Spock I'm trying to do sketches with out DH seeing it. This is fun!

QuiltE 10-16-2012 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltaddiction (Post 5588949)
I have found some great star fabric at my LQS today for putting into this quilt still working on Mr Spock I'm trying to do sketches with out DH seeing it. This is fun!

Oh fun ... a Mr. Spock stash! :)
That's part of the fun ... grab things that will work as you see them, and have them ready when you get to the sewing part. I must admit, Miss Peep is getting quite a little stash of her own! :)

works4me 10-16-2012 06:15 AM

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I am looking forward to seeing Mr. Spock. I'm sure DH will be thrilled.

And I want to see a sheep or two by the end of November, QuiltE. :)

QuiltE 10-16-2012 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by works4me (Post 5589519)
I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I am looking forward to seeing Mr. Spock. I'm sure DH will be thrilled.

And I want to see a sheep or two by the end of November, QuiltE. :)

No sheep, unless Peep! ;)

Quiltaddiction 10-16-2012 06:28 PM

:D QuiltE and works4me you crack me up. I like both of your signatures exactly how I feel. :thumbup: