Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   International Patriotic Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/international-patriotic-challenge-t186260.html)

HLFrye 04-19-2012 03:34 AM

Thats beautiful!!!

LinC 04-19-2012 07:20 AM

Hi works4me and QuiltE and everyone,
I would be proud and honoured to create a patriotic quilt. What a lovely idea to call out to everyone around the world. Good stuff. Mostly I think in Ontario and Eastern States it is the 200th anniversary of the War of 1812. There was a quilt show at Sackett's harbour New York, in March (missed it darn it) I believe there is also one at Upper Canada Village, Morrisburg, ON will get back to you on dates. I am excited to start planning this, never mind I have projects up to my eyeballs to do but this is exciting. Currently I'm working on the Underground Railroad will take pics and post by the weekend. Have a great day

QuiltE 04-19-2012 07:31 AM

Welcome LinC!!! .... we're most happy to have you aboard this patriotic venture.

Yes! The War of 1812 is creating quite a stir in pockets all thru the province. I know that Simcoe County (Barrie, Midland, Orillia, Wasaga Beach, etc.) have quite a few significant locations and have already been having special events, with even more to come.

What the heck, what's another project to take precedence over our stockpiles of PhDs? :D

thimblebug6000 04-19-2012 07:40 AM

Hmmmm.... I really shouldn't :D but when has that ever stopped me! Okay.... I'll put my thinking cap on, can't imagine starting a full quilt with so many already in the works, but maybe a wallhanging or ???

QuiltE 04-19-2012 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 (Post 5153750)
Hmmmm.... I really shouldn't :D but when has that ever stopped me! Okay.... I'll put my thinking cap on, can't imagine starting a full quilt with so many already in the works, but maybe a wallhanging or ???

Yeaaaaaaaaa ThimbleBug and Welcome!!!! ... you'll come up with something splendid, I'm sure! My Man Monty will be a long wall hanging .... or suitable for a door.

works4me 04-19-2012 08:26 AM

LinC and thimblebug6000 welcome.
It looks like there will be a good variety of designs and that is great. Some never occurred to me like diamond jubilee and underground railway but they fit quite nicely as we never intended this to be strictly a flag-type quilt project. Of course, those type of projects work well, too, or mine wouldn’t fit the theme. lol
None of us really have time for another project, do we? That’s why we encourage you to put on your thinking cap. Mini quilts, potholders, table runners, even BBQ aprons all count. How about a tote bag or sewing machine cover? Casserole holder? You could even make a pin cushion for the country in which your secret pal resides if you are part of the secret pal swap. See, it doesn’t have to be a huge project at all. J

QM 04-19-2012 08:26 AM

What a great idea!!

works4me 04-19-2012 11:02 AM

Thanks QM, hope you join in the fun.

kountrykreation 04-19-2012 11:58 AM

Patriotic

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry, would like to join in on a new challenge, but can't. Sounds like really great fun! Just wanted to share a past patriotic quilt done for a church fundraiser. Also wanted to ask if there's anything 'not to miss' for a tourist in late May/early June in Canada?

works4me 04-19-2012 12:46 PM

Beautiful quilt.

What part of Canada will you be visiting?