Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Newbies challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/newbies-challenge-t38362.html)

amma 03-02-2010 08:49 AM

I would love to help someone, however mitre's and FMQ are my two weaker links :wink: and I do not handquilt...
I do love to paper piece, as well as piece and applique :D:D:D

butterjoy 03-02-2010 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by amma
I would love to help someone, however mitre's and FMQ are my two weaker links :wink: and I do not handquilt...
I do love to paper piece, as well as piece and applique :D:D:D

You know more that I do. You can teach someone what you do know. I am sure there are some newbies that would like to learn anything.

tkhooper 03-02-2010 09:24 AM

Hi Amma, Do you want to be my mommy?

I did one quilt when I was in high school. One more when I was pregnant with my daughter and how have joined a quilting group.

I have a Sample Quilt 38x58 at the point where I am adding sashing and I'll be doing quilted solid blocks on the corners.

And I've bought the material for one and pattern for 3 Geisha panels that I want to make into Window Quilts.

Are you interested?

sewnsewer2 03-02-2010 09:25 AM

What a great idea and thread!!

I am willing to adopt someone. I do FMQ (meandering only), not to good with SID and have EQ5 software. I do not have a longarm, but know how to use one.

If I can help someone, I am willing to do all I can. Just PM me.

BKinCO 03-02-2010 09:31 AM

I love this idea! I'm a newbie and would love to be adopted :) I'm still struggling with working out the kinks in my new machine (Janome 6600P) to be able to quilt well on it!

amma 03-02-2010 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by tkhooper

I did one quilt when I was in high school. One more when I was pregnant with my daughter and how have joined a quilting group.

I have a Sample Quilt 38x58 at the point where I am adding sashing and I'll be doing quilted solid blocks on the corners.

And I've bought the material for one and pattern for 3 Geisha panels that I want to make into Window Quilts.

Are you interested?

Daughter!!! (((HUGS))) :D:D:D:D
PM me and we can exchange info :D:D:D:D

tkhooper 03-02-2010 09:58 AM

Are you interested?

Momma!!! (((HUGS, right back at u)))
I sent you a PM. or two...

quazyquilter 03-02-2010 10:00 AM

Are you interested?

Momma!!! (((HUGS, right back at u)))
I sent you a PM. or two...

stop, you're making me PIMP (Pee In My Pants, for you newbies)

watterstide 03-02-2010 10:04 AM

I will be someone's quilt mommy..been at it for about 5 years. my FMQ is the pits..but i keep trying. so if it is just piecing,or helping with a pattern,i can do that!

What a great idea!

SO who was the next in line to be adopted?!

STAR 03-02-2010 10:04 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ok I am reading and want to be adopted, :oops:

I have been quilting, or trying, for the last 5 yrs or so. I have yet to finish a large quilt. and have been in such a hurry I feel that my lap quilts are lacking :-( . I am new to the sewing machine as of September of '09. I have tons of stash but not as much time as I would like. So I guess the biggest help I need is on encouragement, finishing a quilt, and using my machine. I have a babylock quilters choice. I still need to learn SO many things. So if you think you can help me I would be grateful! :mrgreen: