Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Orphaned Blocks QAYG Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/orphaned-blocks-qayg-challenge-t196192.html)

Surfergirl 10-21-2012 01:33 PM

Everyone's quilts are beautiful! I have my first QAYG project finished except for the binding and a second one in progress. Will post pics when finished. I'm so happy to have learned this method...thanks again Jenniky! Looking forward to the next one.

nclauri 10-21-2012 01:38 PM

I posted a question on a new thread about QAYG a few weeks ago and then found this thread. I am so glad I did! I have read every single post. I am doing the Craftsy BOM and wanted to try the QAYG method on that. I just finished my last block and have cut some of the backing squares, but need more fabric. Once I get all of my backing fabric I am starting on this with the help of this thread. I love this forum and all the people who so generously offer their time and talent to help others. Thanks.

justflyingin 10-21-2012 11:57 PM

JeanieG,

I love your quilts! Both of them. You chose nicely on the sashing colors too...makes them look really neat.

JeanieG 10-22-2012 11:27 AM

Thank you for the kind compliments everyone. I am pleased with them, and so glad to get them out of my UFO stack!

Liz92B 10-27-2012 12:37 PM

well, my HQ Sweet Sixteen was just delivered ... now off to play!!!

JeanieG 10-27-2012 01:18 PM

Oh, I am jealous! Have a wonderful day!!!!

Jenniky 10-28-2012 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by nclauri (Post 5602127)
I posted a question on a new thread about QAYG a few weeks ago and then found this thread. I am so glad I did! I have read every single post. I am doing the Craftsy BOM and wanted to try the QAYG method on that. I just finished my last block and have cut some of the backing squares, but need more fabric. Once I get all of my backing fabric I am starting on this with the help of this thread. I love this forum and all the people who so generously offer their time and talent to help others. Thanks.

I hope you will post pictures of your project here as you QAYG your squares we would love to see your progress :) or try to help with any questions you might come across. :)

judy363905 10-28-2012 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jenniky (Post 5617834)
I hope you will post pictures of your project here as you QAYG your squares we would love to see your progress :) or try to help with any questions you might come across. :)

I am also doing the Craftsy BOM and finished my block...plan on using the QAYG methods... love this thread...Thanks so much...:)

Judy in Phx, AZ

Jenniky 10-28-2012 02:53 PM

Judy363905 - I hope you will share your QAYG progress with us also. Im glad you are finding the information on this thread helpful. :thumbup:

dublb 11-16-2012 07:34 PM

6 Attachment(s)
I have the honor o' finishin' this SBS QAYG quilt for a lady who works under my DH. I was her late DM's project. I'll be postin' picts as I go. I cut the joinin' strips th'sevenin'.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]376965[/ATTACH]