Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Stash-busting Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/stash-busting-challenge-t196607.html)

Pat625 07-15-2013 11:57 AM

Busted a lot of stash!! Went thru about half of my stash, and filled 2 tall kitchen bags with fabric I can't use for quilts to give away. I have a friend that makes American Girl clothes that I am sending it to. Will probably have close to another bag to fill from the rest of my stash. Also pulled out fabric combos I like to investigate patterns to use them on

Dragonfly Nana 07-15-2013 06:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally finished this one this weekend, a graduation gift for my niece - a rather modern girl. All from my stash - including the back which is a Jinny Beyer fabric that I just "had to have" Wish the colors showed up better (old camera) as they are shades of blue from deep royal to light blue with lime green (not yellow).
[ATTACH=CONFIG]424174[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]424175[/ATTACH]

lots2do 07-16-2013 02:43 PM

What nice projects to look at! Paula, I love your dragonfly label-that was a clever idea. The colors are great too.

DustysMomma 07-17-2013 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana (Post 6179708)
Finally finished this one this weekend, a graduation gift for my niece - a rather modern girl.

Wow, that's so pretty! I love those colors.

Annaquilts 07-17-2013 07:37 AM

Pat I really like those rabbits. I had that pattern about 28 years ago and made the whole family of rabbits. The bottom quilt pattern is very cute for a scrappy quilt. I can also see using it for an eye spy quilt instead of sewing all the squares just together. I hope I will remember when it is time for a stash bust.

Originally Posted by Pat625 (Post 6161303)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]422602[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]422603[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]422604[/ATTACH]

All from stash..not a dent made!

irishrose 07-17-2013 08:06 AM

Paula, I really like your quilt. Every time a check in here to see what's new, I like it more. Perfect for a teen.

Dragonfly Nana 07-17-2013 08:40 AM

TY all for the kind comments. It is enroute to her now so we will see what the "teen" verdict is.

pokeyscorner 07-22-2013 05:39 AM

I second that motion!!! Definitely need to finish organizing my stash.:o

Dragonfly Nana 07-22-2013 02:32 PM

Teen verdict is in - she likes it. Sweet child also paid me the nicest compliment when she said "It is the most thoughtful gift she has ever received."
My brother has raised such a lovely young woman.

mom-6 07-28-2013 10:12 AM

Just completed the second top this month all from stash!
This one is a fairly small throw, even with borders added. Had all these little triangles left from doing flying geese so started sewing them together. Then had to add a coordinating triangle to make the square. Next thing I knew I had navy and purple spinning star blocks. Not big enough for anything yet. . . Only a dozen ~5-1/2" blocks. Hmmm - let's see what will go nicely with that as alternating blocks. Tried several different fabrics before this one yelled "me, me, pick me". Still not going to be very big. Oh, how about sashing. Since the blocks were small I just cut it 1-1/2" wide. For the cornerstones I wanted a bit of contrast but still keeping the 1/4 sq triangles the bright spot so that was an easy choice to use a fabric close to the color of the purple stars. Then figured a narrow border of the fabric from the 1/4sq triangles would help accent as well. Next was a bit wider border of the purple from the stars, then the fabric from the alternating squares and finally the navy from the stars. Thinking about using the fabric from the sashing as binding.

Hope I can find the app again that I had to resize pictures. My phone ended up taking a nose dive into a portapotty so I'm having to redownload all my apps to this new phone. What a nuisance!