Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Stash-busting Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/stash-busting-challenge-t196607.html)

ube quilting 08-21-2012 03:56 PM

Oh, what fun! Anxious to see all the finished works!

peace

quilterella 08-22-2012 03:18 AM

It has been so long since I checked out the Quilting Forum that I didn't see this one. Between a separation, my 16yr old DGD moving in with me and a very dear friend's husband having open heart surgery, I just haven't had the " quilting spirit". Is there an end date for this challenge? It sounds fascinating and I would love to participate...maybe I can get back into my quilting spirti.

jillaine 08-22-2012 05:34 AM

Quiterella, there's no end date. It's kind of an ongoing monthly challenge to encourage and support each other to shop from our stash. I'm inviting people to a) post photos of their "stash store" and b) post photos of completed quilts made from their stash.

MistyMarie 08-26-2012 05:50 PM

I just found out this week that I don't get paid until the end of September, yet my last paycheck was on July 31st. That means a couple months of Top Ramen and no more spending on anything but absolute essentials. (I am a school teacher and I recently moved and took a new teaching job, but thought they paid in August since I started on the 14th. So, I definately need to be part of this challenge. No more fabric shopping for me! Wah. Not only that, but I took a $30,000 pay cut to move up to a little mountain town and get my kids out of Aurora, CO. Too much violence and problems in a big city. Therefore, I am nowhere near a fabric store, so the temptations are much less.

CajunQuilter2 08-26-2012 06:55 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Well I have managed to put a dent in my stash. I have made 9 quilts and 98% was from my stash. I had to get backing for one of the quilts.....Here are some of the pictures of 5 of the quilts, did not get pics of the other ones......

lizzy 08-27-2012 03:13 AM

Good Challenge! I'm in! I have been trying to use as much of my fabric as possible. Thanks.

AUQuilter 08-27-2012 05:36 AM

Great challenge! I had been cutting kits from my stash to do on a retreat- just found out it is cancelled. So I am having my own retreat starting tomorrow through Thursday morning.

QuilterMomma 08-27-2012 01:01 PM

Great job cajun quilter, you did good.

Vanogay 08-28-2012 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by AUQuilter (Post 5471152)
Great challenge! I had been cutting kits from my stash to do on a retreat- just found out it is cancelled. So I am having my own retreat starting tomorrow through Thursday morning.

AU Quilter - wanna do a virtual quilting day on Thursday - and maybe Friday? I'm in it with you if so. I just found out I need another quilt for a veteran for November. I've had one in planning, but didn't realize I'd need it so quickly. I'm in for a virtual retreat. Let me know!!!!

SewExtremeSeams 08-28-2012 03:01 PM

I put a slight dent in my stash. I just finished cutting up all of the flannel in my stash that I had purchased from the lady who previously owned my Bernina Artista... 3 years ago. Only problem was that I found I needed more solid fabric to go with all of the 6" squares I cut up. Took advantage of the Snuggle Flannel that Joann's has on sale for $2.99 a yard. After washing and drying it I was pretty impressed with its quality. Anyway, I have all the squares cut and matched with square. Next in line will be assembly line sewing hundreds of two 6" squares together. First to come out of those will be a throw for my DH and one for myself for our loveseat recliners and next will be throws for my Mom and sis. My goal is to not have any flannel left in my stash at the end. Planning to make crazy patch pincushions with the flannel scraps and then I know someone who uses flannel scraps. I have never attacked my stash like this before. It is sorta energizing!